I closed my eyes when I realized that I have been staring at him for too long. After a moment, I felt warmth around my body. Opening my eyes, I found him standing one step away from him.

"Ever heard of privacy?" he asked in a deep voice.

"Huh.. I.. Um.." His proximity was making my thoughts jumble. To save me from further embarrassment, I took a step back but he took one forwards, stepping once again in my personal space.

His hypnotizing eyes were holding me captive and I had to lick my lips to enable myself to speak. "I came to ask you..."

"About?" he lifted his eyebrows and asked.

"T...t..t...trip." I stuttered, feeling flustered all of sudden. Despite the cold weather, the skin of my face started flushing.

He cocked his head to one side and stepped away. I was finally able to breathe so I inhaled deeply. It was almost funny, as if someone just lifted a heavy box from my chest.

"What trip?" he asked, running his fingers through his wet hair and making them messier than before.

"Senior year trip." I answered after gazing at his muscular arms for a little too long.

"Not everyone can afford to waste money on stupid trips." he said briefly and I pouted.

"It will be fun." I said in a whiny voice.

"So?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

"You'll feel rejuvenated." I added.

"So?" he asked again, still glaring at me.

"You are so stubborn Adam." I whined, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"And you are so whiny Alicia." he said and plopped down on his study table.

"I can lend you some money for the trip." I suggested and he just scoffed in return.

"I don't need your charity." he groaned, looking angry all of sudde.

"But it's not ch-"

"Bye Alicia." he said rudely and pulled out his notebook from his bag pack. I huffed loudly when he didn't speak again and then stomped out of his room.

...

I am not going to talk to him.

He is so damn rude.

I am not going to talk to him.

Ever again.

I am not going to talk to him.

At any cost.

"Hi." Adam said when he sat down on the seat beside me.

"Hi." I said involuntarily and then slapped my forehead at the next moment.

"Ignore my response. I am not talking to you." I fumed and then turned my eyes to my textbook.

"And that is because?" he asked.

"Because you are rude as hell." I countered in his signature dry manner.

"Took you long to figure it out." Adam said and turned his head back to the whiteboard. I balled my fists to control the urge to dump something at him.

After the class was over, I walked towards the cafeteria. I could feel Adam's presence behind me but I didn't turn around or did anything stupid.

As I stepped inside the cafeteria, I found Noah swaying his hand for me. He was sitting alone, neither Justin nor Chloe was anywhere near him. I wanted to sit somewhere else but after his consistent offering, I took my lunch and sat down in front of him. The whole time I could feel Adam's glare on me. I didn't know if it was jealousy or not, but I definitely was sure of one thing. Adam didn't appreciate me sitting with Noah.

Well. Suck it now.

"Are you going to the trip?" Noah asked after a moment as he chewed his cheeseburger.

"Yeah." I answered briefly, biting on my sandwich. A smile broke on his face when he heard my answer.

"It will be fun then." he commented and then winked, earning a snort from me. It was almost funny, him trying to flirt when a girl sitting beside our table was constantly trying to catch his attention. She was moaning with every bite she took, as if the bland salad had suddenly shifted into a chicken sub.

"Don't you dare try anything." I frowned at his words, ignoring the stupid girl.

"Of course Pooper." he plastered his signature smirk on his lips as if threatening me. I sighed and stood up to leave. But before I could go, I heard him saying, "I am looking forward to it Alicia. You, me and a deserted jungle."

Idiot.

I knew it was just harmless flirting. What happened in the club was not going to happen again. Noah knew better than pulling such stunt for second time. Besides, I have already googled few tricks from internet in case I face such situation again.

When I exited the cafeteria, I once again found Adam walking behind me. I increased my pace and so did he.

"Alicia." I stopped when he finally called my name.

"What?" I turned around and asked dryly.

"I am going to the trip." he informed me and I felt a strange happiness blooming inside my heart but I didn't show it on my face.

"So?" I mimicked his yesterday's action.

"I figured you would want to know." he added softly, even smiled a little. Well, more like lifted one corner of his lips.

"Well. I don't." I said and turned towards my next class without hearing for his reply.

_________________________

How many of you read Perfect Scars before reading Someone like Adam?

Vote. Comment. Follow.