{chapter 2}E.D.I.T.E.D

"You're late."

Hearing that voice made him flinch. Adrien slowly looked up, trying not to look at the eyes of the one that had spoke.

"Late for what?"

"Didn't I tell you that you are to come home straight after school?!" Gabriel Agreste slowly walked down the stairs, his eyes not leaving Adrien as if he was going to run away or something.

Adrien had totally forgotten. All he had in his mind was visiting Marinette as Cat Noir. How could he forget?!

"I'm sorry."

Those were the only words he could use right now. What else was he supposed to say anyway? Oh, I just went to pay Marinette a visit. I know she hates me but I went as Cat Noir.

He didn't want to get Marinette in trouble. Once Gabriel knows about her, it's probably over for her.

Plus, Gabriel probably didn't know who or what was a Cat Noir. After all he didn't know anything about the miraculous.

He hadn't known either. Until he found the mysterious ring in his backpack. He had put it on, it fitting him, and suddenly a weird looking whatever appeared, who introduced himself as Plagg the Kwami.

He had so many questions, like what was a kwami? Are you a Genie stuck in a ring? But Plagg hadn't answered that. Instead he told him, "if you want to transform, just say "Plagg, claws out", and you'll be Cat Noir."

So he tried it, and once again Plagg was sucked into the ring, and he was a changed person.

That ring in his bag changed his life. Well, at least only a bit. He was still having troubles everywhere as Adrien, as he could not be Cat Noir all the time.

"I'm sorry?!" Gabriel boomed. "That's all you'll say, huh? I'm sorry? As if you even mean it."

Gabriel was right about that. Adrien did not mean any single apology he had ever given to him. He just used it to get out of trouble. At least tried to get out of trouble.

"Where did you go?"

Where did he go? He couldn't answer that. He couldn't say he went to visit Marinette.

"I know you got no friends at school, Adrien, so you couldn't have possibly went out with anyone," Gabriel carried on when he didn't answer. "You're a sick person that no one likes!"

You're an even sicker person that use fake attitude towards others just to get them to like you. Me?... I'm a person that use the other side of me to get people to like me.

"Go to your room, I don't want to deal with you now," Gabriel folded his arms. "When you're ready to tell me where you went, I'll be waiting. I'll deal with you later."

Whenever Gabriel said this... That he did not want to deal with him now, Adrien knew that meant Lina was coming.

He gladly went up to his room, forgetting to lock the door. Lina? Who is that, you ask? You don't have to know now.

"Adrien," his mother walked inside without knocking. "I have news for you."

~~

"Mama, Papa, I've finished my homework. Can I go hang out with Alya now?" Marinette left her room to meet up with her parents.

"Sure you can, Marinette," Sabine smiled, "but we have a little announcement we want to share with you before you leave."

"Sure, what is it?" Marinette popped a grape in her mouth.

"Ah, we finally found an awesome place to have our date," Tom jumped out of nowhere, holding a paper.

"It's going to be... A two week date," Sabine smiled. "I hope you understand, Marinette, but it's fine. We found a place for you to stay, as you can not stay alone by yourself here."

"That's... Nice." She didn't exactly know what to say. Her parents were leaving, and she was moving to a new house, just for two weeks. "Am I staying at Alya's?"

"No, you'll be staying at..." Sabine looked at Tom, then back at Marinette. "... At Adrien's mansion."

And that's when she dropped the grape she was holding.