Chapter 10

Hannah's POV

  I just nearly died. There's no easy way to put that. If Pavel hadn't been able to beam us up... I wouldn't be standing here now. I hold onto dad as I held onto Pavel. I feared I would never see either of them again.

  Now, seeing Spock lose his mom... His mom meant everything to him. He was as close to her as I am to my dad. I can't even imagine. We may have our differences, but now, I can't help but mourn with him.

  Dad and I are now on the bridge. He dealt with my wound in Medbay earlier. One of the Romulans caught me in the shoulder with his sword. He looked at the wound with a fury I'd never seen. He looked like he could've killed someone. Of course, the guy that did it is already dead so... I'm all stitched up now, so everything's good. It still feels... well, it hurts like nobody's business, but dad gave me a painkiller so it's dulled some.

  The painkiller is making me slightly drowsy, so my sweet Pavel has let me steal his seat. Luckily, dad just thinks he's being a gentleman. He hasn't quite put two and two together. He, Spock and Jin are trying to figure out exactly what's going on and what to do about the fact that Nero is heading straight for earth. I have to laugh at Jim sitting in the captain's chair. Spock doesn't like it one bit. Jim has pointed out that every Federation planet is most likely in danger. Pavel wants to know by they didn't destroy us, and dad wants to know where the heck the Romulans got that type of fire power. And Spock is suggesting that...

  "Such technology," Spock explains. "Could theoretically be used to manipulated to create a tunnel through space time."

  "Darn it man," dad says. "I'm a doctor not a physicist. Are you actually suggesting they're from the future?"

  Woah, hold up... time travel??? Can this day get any weirder?

  "If you eliminate the impossible," Spock tells him. "Whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

  "How poetic."

  "Good Lordy," I say putting my face in my hands. "There are things that can time travel now. This is exactly what we needed."

  Spock explains that Nero has created an alternate reality. Our lives have changed. Our destinies have changed. This continues. The debate becomes more and more heated. I see where this is going.

  Oh this is bad...

  Spock, Jim and dad finally start just yelling at each other in general. Finally, Jim loses it.

  "Security," Spock orders. "Escort him out."

  Two men in red shirts come up beside Jim and take his arms. He tries to push them off, but Spock comes up behind him and uses the Vulcan Death Grip. Jim falls flat to the floor. Whilst I should be worried for him, I can't help but stare in amazement at what just happened. I've been trying to figure out the Vulcan Death Grip for about two years and have continually failed miserably. This was probably to the benefit of my dad... who I tested it on... Let's just save, it didn't end too well any of the million times I tried it.

  "Get him off this ship," Spock tells the two men. Soon, Jim Kirk is loaded into an escape pod and left on the nearest planet.

Bones's POV

    Jim has been marooned on a planet. There are time traveling Romulans. I almost lost my daughter. This day can't go downhill any farther. Of course, Hannah decided a few minutes ago to test that theory when the pain meds full effect kicked in, and she passed out in the young Russian Ensign's chair. She was lucky he caught her before she fell out for the chair and hit the floor. He was kind enough to carry her back to Medbay. The meds will hopefully wear off soon.