The Only Step

Maya Rivers
- one day before plane to Portugal

"He said 'I really really' then paused 'Want you to come on the festival run with me' I actually froze" I sniffle, I grab my jeans folding them and shoving them in my suitcase.

"Then he never said it. I never said it. We're never gonna say it. He doesn't love me. That's okay, like I sai-"

"You can't force love" jay and Romell finish for me. "Exactly" I nod wiping my eyes. This whole week this was all that was on my mind.

Every time Shawn started a sentence with 'I' I became full of hope and wished he said 'I love you' but nope. What I did get was; I miss you, I want food, I need you, I can't wait to get away and that's about it. No emotion of love.

"Maya just say it first. What if he's waiting for you?" Jay says helping me fold my hoodies.

"Like I'm waiting for him?" I ask and they both nod. "But the thing is I've dropped hints. I've pointed out couples in love, said how in love my parents are and they're whole story, I've explained to him I love what I do, I love hearing him talk, love looking at him, love being with him. Love, love and love and no fucking love back!" I exclaim throwing down the lid of the suitcase. Jay sits on it and Romell zips it up.

"He does love you Maya. He'd be a complete idiot if he didn't" Romell sighs.

"We've seen how he looks at you. How he talks about you. You guys are together all the time, texting, calling or physically. He doesn't even want to be away from you" jay says.

"Yeah-"

"He's here" I cut off Romell when I hear Shawn. "Hi Maya!" He shouts. "Come on" I sigh, we walk out and Shawn puts his arms out for me. I smile going into his arms. He places a kiss at the top of my head.

"So ready for Portugal" he says squeezing me and jiggling my body around. "Me too" I accidentally let out a hiccup and he takes my upper arms and pulls me bag to examine my face.

"Maya honey, what happened?" He asks. I burst out into tears, hysteric crying and tears flowing constantly.

"Woah" he whispers, he takes me back into his arm and holds me close as I cry into his shoulder.

"What happened?" Shawn asks jay and Romell.

"Don't know buddy. So erm... Maya text us when you land have fun" jay walks past pats me in the shoulder and so does Romell leaving me with Shawn.

He takes my wrist pulling me to the sofa where he places me on his lap sideways, rubbing my thigh. I begin to hiccup now that I've calmed down.

Why wasn't he saying anything?

I wipe my face with hands gulping. "I'm gonna go to bed" I mumble getting up, he doesn't stop me, no coming after me. Nothing.

"Alright, I'll make dinner?" He asks.

"Not hungry" I say walking away. I shut the door and begin crying even more. When I thought I couldn't release anymore tears.

I'm supposed to be tough. What am I doing?

Here i am sobbing over a boy who doesn't love me. That's what I'm doing.

I went over to my draw and pulled out my journal with my YouTube ideas and grabbed a pen. Just like overnight challenge I'll do this in steps.

1. Maya needs to admit she loves Shawn

That's it. That's was it, the only step. I ripped the paper throwing it in the bin and Shawn walked in.

"What?" I ask as I sit at the edge of the bed. He sits beside me and pulls me into his side.

"I know why you're upset Maya" he begins. "And I'm really sorry, I should've known" he sighs.

Is he going to say it right now?

"I put all this pressure on you to come with me and I'm sorry. If you don't want to come then don't, it's really okay. I just thought you'd want to be together" he takes my hand gently. I loved when he did this, playing with my fingers when we talked.

"Honey I don't expect anything from you, you don't have to com-"

"I am coming. I've packed" I cut him off. "And you're sure you want to come?" He raises an eyebrow. I nod then place a hand on his cheek.

"Are you okay now? I can hold you if you need to cry for longer" he says gently. "I'm good" I shake my head.

I lean up pressing my lips against his. He holds my face and quickens the kiss, slipping his tongue in my mouth taking over the whole kiss and not letting it be slow and passionate.

He pushes me down and hovers over me kissing down my neck. "Maya you're so beautiful" he mumbles. I put my hands in his hair and watched him move against me.

"Can't wait to take you in all those different countries" he winks at me. I nod pulling him back up trying to be slow with him but his hands go up my top to my boobs and his tongue fights with mine sloppily.

"Shawn" I stop him. He looks down at me quizzically. "Go slow" I whisper.

"Slow?" He asks. "But I want to go hard, we haven't-"

"Done it in a while. I know" I sigh.

"Are we good then?" He asks. "I don't want to. Let's just go to sleep" I wriggle out from under him and get in bed facing the other way. I hear him huff then he gets in behind me pressing himself up against me.

"Maya baby please" He kisses my shoulder. A tear fell down my cheek. "Go away Shawn. Go take a cold shower" I nudge him away.

"Fine. I only wanted my girl" he huffs moving away from me. I hear the bathroom door shut and I start crying again.

How can I be with him if he doesn't even love me?

_
This book has been up for nine days
NINE DAYS AND PROGRESS IS SO GOOD
AM I THE BEST?
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST