Chapter 8: Uncover Death

-Play the song if you wish-

How was the party?" Wendy smiled wide at Mina.

"It was boring but I saw someone I knew and...well they made it fun," Mina smiled at that thought of Changbin.

"Changbin? Right? Dude everyone is talking about it. I heard that Jimin was looking for Changbin all night."

"Really? Why?"

"I don't know...Mina, do you think that Jimin actually likes you?"

"You're going to make my hopes up," Mina laughed. "Do you think I have a chance with him?" Mina started to act cute.

"Stop," Wendy laughed. "You're so blinded by love."

"You have no idea," Mina smirked.

When the bell rang both Wendy and Mina headed back to class. Mina watched the students rushing to class, she found it funny and weird.

"Hurry up or else you're going to get detention," Wendy started to run.

Mina nodded and started to run but stop. She wanted to be late for class. She stood there in the empty hallway watching everybody go to class. She then slowly waited for the tardy bell to ring. When it rang and she went to class.

"You're late, Ms. Kim," said the homeroom teacher.

"I'm sorry," Mina bowed to him.

The Homeroom Teacher sighed and look at Mina. "I have no choice but to you give detention," Mr. Yin watched Mina face expression.

"Okay," Mina took a seat.

Jimin wanted to talk to Mina, he had so many questions. He put his head down once the lesson started. Mina notice that Jimin was frustrated by the whole Changbin thing. She never once looked at Jimin during the whole lecture.

The hours went by fast and Jimin didn't know how to start the conversation with Mina. He didn't know how to bring Changbin name up. Everyone got up from their seats when the last bell rung. Jimin got up and glance at Mina for three seconds and then left the classroom.

"Kim Soyoung, where's the detention room?" Mina put her backpack on.

"Mina, I pray for you," Soyoung locked her hands together.

"Why? Is it that bad?" Mina chuckled.

"That's right, you don't know the urban legend."

"What urban legend?" Mina chuckled again.

"You're going to stop laughing after what I'll tell you," Soyoung took a deep breath. "It happened four years ago, a girl name An Boyeon died in that room. Students say that she roams around and haunts whoever goes there. One student who got detention strangely moved the next day. Since then students try their best not to get detention."

"I'm going to search her up," said Joshua. He pulled her records up but got aghast by it.

"Woah, it looks like someone was trying to cover up something," added Jackson.

Mina listens to them. She got triggered by how little Joshua knew about this. He had little information about the school she entered.

"It says that she committed suicide but it doesn't say anything about dying in that room," said Joshua.

"Why did she die in that room?" asked Mina to Soyoung.

"Young love. They say that she dated a famous chaebol guy and many people were against it. They say many girls bully her and that's what caused her to commit suicide. Some say that she hung herself, others say that she took pills, etc."

"A chaebol guy?" said Mina with confusion.

"Kim Jongdae, he goes by Chen. I also forgot to mention that An Boyeon came from a poor family. You know that every year the school gives a full ride scholarship to indigent people who can't afford to come to this school. That's how she came to this school. Both of them were in the same grade and they have fallen in love but it didn't last. In the end, An Boyeon couldn't take the bullying and took her life."

"Kim Jongdae?! Kim's family?! You got to be kidding me," Joshua put his hand on his face and he started to laugh. He already knew that his family will cover up anything for their reputation.

"So where's the room?" Mina asked her.

"On the second floor, it's the old library that no one goes to," Soyoung looked worried.

"Okay, thanks," Mina head out to the second floor.

"What the fuck Joshua?! I thought you did a background check on Hana Academy Seoul? How could you not know about An Boyeon and Chen?" Mina enters the old library and saw Mr. Han.

"Hello, Ms. Kim, I was told you were late to the first period," He was sitting down reading a book.

"Yes, for how long will I have to stay?"

"You can leave right now."

"Are you sure? I mean I could help you clean up the library, I can see the thick dust floating in the air."

"You're not afraid? Did anyone tell you about this room?" He closed his book and took his glasses off.

"Yes, but I don't believe in ghosts," Mina gave a sincere smile.

Mr. Han's mind rewired the past in a few seconds. He saw the strong An Boyeon standing there smiling at him. Telling him about Chen and that she was going to marry him one day. The old days were full of beautiful colors, then he quickly came back to reality. The colorful colors vanish like thin air. The girl who he cared as his daughter was no longer there, He saw Mina smiling at him as she did once.

"Did she really die here?" Mina quickly notices that her question made him uncomfortable.

"What do you think?" He forced a smile.

Mina read his facial expression, he deeply cared and was effect by her death. She asked no more questions and made her statement.

"I would say no. I will leave you alone to read your book. Have a great day," Mina bowed to him and left the library.

"He knows something," Joshua bit his lower lip. "Mina... actually I pull Hana Academy Seoul's records and... it's not pretty. I pretty much sent you to a death camp. The whole Hana Academy is corrupted."

"So you fucking sent me to this school because you saw a 'handsome guy' and thought hey Mina will want to play this game?!" Mina exit the school building.

"Sorry? I know we were trained to do that but I honestly thought it was a normal school."

"Nothing is normal these days."

"What are you going to do about it?"

"I'm going to investigate of course. My plan is not just to seduce Park Jimin now...I'm going to burn the whole fucking school down with their lies. I'm pretty sure An Boyeon wasn't the only victim who died in that school."

"Yes, you're right as always. It's the number one suicide students rates in Seoul, South Korea."

"It's going to be a fun game after all."