On The Maine Road

Fuel to the Fire.

I made you think

you're the only one... then we're done

and who won?

The head phones were almost vibrating off of Christi's head. Kylie couldn't believe she was listening to her iTouch that loudly. Awesome band or not, it was obnoxious. Kylie even noted how the kid in front of them was rocking out to the music, hard.

Tease me like you do,

but it just fuels my desire.

"Christi? Come on turn it down," Kylie whispered as she nudged her friend. The plane ride seemed to be taking FOR-ever to Kylie. She didn't understand the whole point of it. You see, Kylie adored flying, the free falling type of feeling. It's just, well, she hated the too-cheap-even-for-you seats and the one glass of pop she had gotten and the non-existing snack on the forever-and-a-day flight. Kylie wanted the whole enchilada. Bring on the expensive. She had lived her whole life with okay, average, not so BAM, but she was an adult in her own life. She was just a girl trying to make her own story and she wanted that story to have the cover of the century.

Love or lust,

it just adds fuel to the fire...

fuel to the fire.

"Christi!" Kylie made a definite shove towards Christi this time.

Kylie Kay was roughly gorgeous. In a 5'2", dyed honey blonde hair, blue-grey eyes, smothered with sarcasm, kind of beautiful way. She wasn't your typical... anything. But she knew how to make a statement. She never stayed the same for long periods of time. She was like a time lord, twelve different lives and you never know which ones next. She wasn't some tooth pick that was photo-shopped onto some hoity-toity magazine. She was one of those "wow, can I take your picture?" type of wonderful people. She oozed sex when she wanted to, she never backed down from a challenge, and she has the worst trust issues anyone's seen this side of China. She was one of a kind. And she was best friends with the one person that completed her pod.

"The seatbelt sign has been turned on. Please remain in your seats, as we will be arriving at our destination shortly," an overly excited female voice rang throughout the cabin.

"Ugh," Kylie groaned aloud reaching for Christi's iTouch.

Fuel to the fir---

Click. And just like that the headphones were disconnected and the music was done for the flight.

"What the...?" Christi opened her eyes to a not pleased blonde. If Kylie could fit her hand on her hip in the tight space of their seats it would be there, permanently. Christi was an easy person to wake up but Christi twitched a tad as she stretched out in the tight space.

"Couldn't stand me having a private moment for ten minutes?" Christi took the head phones out of her ears to look at her best friend with a smile.

"You were asleep for 15," Kylie looked away as she slipped back on her black boots. It was true that Kylie was an impatient person but she never liked to admit it. Whereas Christi might have let Kylie sleep for a little bit; Kylie couldn't stand to be left alone.

Kylie re-rolled her sleeves on her black and red plaid shirt, which went well with her ripped shorts and her messy scrunched hair. She could have been the spokes model for scene meet grunge look. It was completely different from Christi's and yet they both looked so well together.

"We will be arriving soon. Just so you know," Kylie pointed out as she put the rest of her pens into her grey shoulder bag, grabbing her black blazer off the ground to put on.

"Yeah, I figured there had to be a legitimate reason for you waking me up," Christi couldn't help but to smirk as she pushed her hair out of her face. Where Kylie was putting on black boots Christi was slipping on her ankle grey boots. Christi leaned more towards the British preppy side of the spectrum of fashion. She wore a loose turquoise scarf to go with her fuchsia top which ended at her empire waist, to mid-thigh, flowing black skirt.

"Ladies and gentlemen please put your seats in an upright position as we are descending," the overly cheerful voice spoke again.

Christi put her iTouch and head phones back in her Kathy black purse and reached for Kylie's hand. Where Kylie didn't care about labels, Christi simply had them. It wasn't as if both of them didn't shop at all the same stores; Target, Prada, Wal-Mart, Juicy, Kohl's. It was all the same to them, Christi just happened to like Kathy purses, a lot.

As Christi squeezed Kylie's hand a little bit more they both shared a smile.

"You ready for our next adventure?" Christi spoke as the plain shook and bounced hitting the ground with a fast paced stop. This was Christi's favorite part.

And there went that female voice one last time,

"Welcome to Australia, enjoy your stay."