Chapter 34

Chapter 34

TRIS POV

I look in the mirror and I see a strong confident young woman, nothing compared to the child I had seen in abnegation all those years ago.

I'm in my wedding dress. It's my wedding day. And it starts any minute.

I smooth down my dress and take a deep breath.

This is a beginning. Where my life begins, everything I have done so far has worked up to this moment. And I find it ironic I'm not doing something for someone else but instead completely for me. Because for years all I cared about was the safety of others, now my only concern is the man waiting for me at the end of the aisle.

The Man I love.

The man who loves me.

That's all that matters now.

That's all I care about in this very moment.

I turn and walk out the door. I walk where everyone is gathering around the chasm and meet my dad, I offer him a smile and he returns it.

"You look beautiful" he says holding his arm out, I slip my hand in "thanks" I say.

And then the music starts. Christina and Zeke walk down the aisle, and are soon followed by Uriah and Marlene, then Will and Shuanna. And Lynn walked down solo, she said it was more her style and that she refused to walk down the aisle with some guy.

Now it was my turn, since we knew no one young enough for the flower girl. I take another long deep breath as the bridal march starts.

We begin walking down the aisle and my eyes find his, he seems to be glowing and has a huge uncontrollable smile on his face that stretches from ear to ear, I smile back and feel a tear slip down my cheek.

When we get to the end of the aisle the leader of our faction, Sam, asks

"Who gives this woman to this man?"

At that my dad says "that would be me" he hugs me "I love you" he says and goes to sit by mom. I take Tobias hand and stand in front of him smiling.

I zone out through most of the wedding talk, all my focus went to Tobias.

Then it's time for the vows. He goes first.

"I was in a bad way, I was going to make myself Factionless. Then you literally fell from the sky." At this all the dauntless laugh. "When you fell into the net all I did was prey you not recognize me from our previous faction, and well you didn't. I was constantly amazed by your bravery, your selflessness, and your intellect, you are special. Everyone thought you were weak, but I saw your strength. And that night when Jeannine took over and put me under the serum I was lost. You found me, you brought me back when no one else could. That night on the train I told you I loved you and I meant it. I just hadn't realized how fast you would become my everything, how much more I would come to love as each day passes. I know I don't deserve you, but Tris I'm a selfish person so I think I'm gonna keep you." And I laugh at this. Silent tears flowing down my cheeks.

"I don't know how or why you love me, but I am grateful for it, I had thought I lost you before, you were gone for two years, but you came back." He laughs "from the dead I might add,your very stubborn at times" at that everyone laughs.

"I am going to protect you with my life, I could not bare to lose you again. You Die, I do too. Because without you, what reason is there to live? Your my will power, you give me a reason to live, and I love you, I don't care who knows or if they think it makes me soft, I don't care because that's the one thing that matters to me, and that is loving you" he finishes and I can't speak, tears streaming down not only my face but everyone's.

"Oh god." I say blinking away tears "I should have gone first" I say and everyone laughs

I take a few deep breaths.

"When I transfered to dauntless I had no idea what to expect but one thing is for sure, I didn't expect to fall in love. That definitely took me by surprise. I have to admit you always seemed to be able to distract me during initiation" everyone laughs "everyone thought you were scary, but I knew somehow you weren't going to hurt me, or anyone. I was probably the only initiate who wasn't scared of you actually but it's not like I'm scared of many things. When you told me you liked me in the chasm that night I didn't know what to say or if I should even believe it, I never expected a boy to look at me twice, I was short and wast pretty, I hadn't grown into my nose quite yet." More laughter. "But you seemed so sure about it like there wasn't a doubt in the world, same on the train when you said you'd loved me I couldn't say it back because I had never been in love before, wasn't sure what it felt like, and you had told me you were the same, but again you were so sure of it. Looking back now I realize I did love you then, I wish I would have said it back. You have gotten me through so much, been my motivation. My life line. Even when I wasn't there with you. And your right I'm stubborn because I refused to sit there knowing you thought I was dead, living out my days without you. Cause let me tell you it sucked without you there, it was incredibly boring to." I say and he has tears flowing down his cheeks now.

"You can make me laugh even in the worst situations, you always seem to calm me down with nothing more then your presence." I take a deep breath.

"I don't know why you chose to love me, I'm a stubborn bullheaded,arrogant jerk. But you do, you love me I don't know why you do it must not be easy, but I know one thing I love you, so much, more then I ever thought I could love a person. You have made me a better person, and I and grateful to you for all you have done for me" I finish

Sam was even crying having a hard time speaking.

"Does anyone object to this union, if you do speak now or for ever hold your peace" he says

Silence

I smile.

"Well okay. Do you Tobias Eaton take Beatrice Prior to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Of corse" he says and slips the ring onto my finger

"Untraditional but will suffice" he continues "Do you Beatrice Prior Take Tobias Eaton to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asks me

"I have absolutely nothing better to do" I say and everyone laughs and I slip the ring onto his finger.

"By the power vested in me by the factions I pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride" he says and I smile.

I go up and wrap my arms around his neck and his arms snake around my waist lifting me up to my toes and we kiss. All the dauntless cheer and clap and stomp their feet. I pull away from Tobias and smile at him, he is smiling just as widely as I am.

We walk back down the aisle hand in hand.

This is the beginning of my life, right here, right now.. This is were the adventure ends and a new begins, and I will treasure every second of it.

I am Beatrice Eaton, and you know what?

I am Divergent.