Chapter 41 : Lennon Adamski Vs Marcel L'Estrange ROUND 1

Lennon walked down the hall and knocked on the asset keepers office door.

"Come in!" came a loud and authoritative French voice.

Lennon walked in much to the shock of Marcel who was expecting an asset to enter.

"YOU!" Lennon said, now knowing that the antagonistic steampunk man he had seen around was also known as The Frenchman.

Marcel cut in, "Lenny, isn't it?!"

"The name's Lennon. Don't forget that." Lennon said, trying to stem his rising fury as he spoke slow and monotone. "I want to talk about a few things."

"Oh really?! What things? Marcel said.

"Firstly, about a woman called Suzanne." Lennon said.

Marcel's face stayed frozen as he glared up at Lennon from his seat.

Lennon stepped towards the desk and placed his hands flat on the desk and he leant forward and continued, "I hear you're throwing her out of the Bordello when she's at her lowest."

"Soo... we have a hero present, do we?" Marcel said sarcastically.

"There are no heroes present." Lennon answered, returning the sarcasm.

"So what do you know about Suzanne? Because let me tell you what I know. She's a cheap, miserable little cunt who's given you a sob story and wants money. I have no doubt she knows very well who you are and wants to add a powerful voice to her plight. She's a whore with a limited and decreasing value. She has consistently failed to earn her keep. What's your Interest in her then...?" Marcel said.

"She's a human being facing a crisis. She doesn't know me from Adam, and I think that you're playing a mighty big part in persecuting her." Lennon said.

Marcel sighed and placed the cap back on his fountain pen, and placed it on the table, "Listen, Lennon. I am not in the habit of giving anything away gratis, but let me give you some free advice. I am older and arguably wiser than you. I have been doing this a very, very long time. I have seen every aspect of this business," Marcel said in his broad Parisian accent.

Lennon listened attentively as Marcel continued to speak.

"I have seen girls come and go. How they choose to go is down to them, sometimes it is in a bag, sometimes it is to a harsher owner and rarely, very rarely, it is to do... something else. Suzanne is a failure. She does not work. She is manipulative. She has caused arguments within the girl groups she works. I recognise her! I see her clearly! I have seen her kind, and you have not. Her kind feeds on your kind." Marcel said.

"So, let me get this straight." Lennon said, "You're an old man who's seen everything, and loves being a pimp. You've been doing this forever and you hate Suzanne... is that a good recap?"

Marcel held his gloved palms up, "Have you... not listened to a word I have said...?!"

"There, ya see I have!" Lennon said as he pointed at Marcel a moment, "And it sounds like a whole lot of bullshit to me. just like how you stole a little girl's nightlight. " Lennon said firmly.

"As for Adeline, people need to stop mollycoddling her! She needs to just grow up. I am doing her a favour, as the whole is a hostile place, especially for a female. I want her to be prepared, and mature enough to fight in this world." Marcel said.

"Adeline is just a little girl! And she needs to stay a little girl for as long as she can." Lennon said flatly.

"Absolutely ridiculous. You obviously are an acolyte of this modern nonsense that does not prepare a child to face the world when the time comes!" Marcel said.