Chapter Fifteen

[Chapter Fifteen]

(Gabriella's P.O.V.)

    I slammed my now connected fists onto the pure, metal table. "You don't get it. I'm not her!" I screamed, at the detective.

    I had just spent the last two hours trying to convince these ignorant bastards, that I am not Elsie Smith. I had clearly underestimated my cousin's coniving abilities. I didn't even realize she stole my I.D. out of my wallet, I should of figured she'd pull a stunt like this.

    The detective 'Carson', was staring blankly at me, with an open notepad laid out in front of him. "Save it. I'm tired of listening to this nonsense. We'll just have to contact you're guardians."

    Everyone in this police department wouldn't listen to me. They kept silencing me, not wanting to hear my side of the story. I thought you were 'innocent, until proven guilty'. Apparently that doesn't apply in the Chicago suburbs.

    Carson left me in the interogation room, to go phone my parents. I knew that they wouldn't believe me either. If Elsie could convince my sister's, and the police that she was me, well I'm pretty much screwed.

   Since I arrived, a tall officer stood in the corner of the interogation room, not taking his eyes off of me. He let his hand hover over his gun, and stayed silent threw out my entire interogation.

"I want my damn phone call." I said, pounding my feet, on the cement type flooring.

     The officer continued to be silent. Wasn't I allowed a single phone call? I thought that was a law? I think I learned that freshman year in government class. I can hear Mr. Cryer now; 'You have the right to one phone call. So if you're ever in a bind like that, make it a good one.'

    When Carson finally returned, he walked over to me and unlocked the handcuffs. Those things hurt like hell, and it is almost impossible to escape them. I now am sporting wonderfully carved, red rings on each wrist. What a fashion statement.

"I want my phone call." I said, rubbing my wrists.

"Who else is there to call? You're guardian's are on the way." he responded, raising his thick, red eyebrows.

"I don't have to tell you." I narrowed my eyes at him. He wasn't as intimidating as some of the Law and Order SVU detectives on television. Compared to Eliot Stabler on Law and Order, he's a total nub.

"Fine." his hands quickly collided with the cold metal. When he lifted his palm, there was a small black cell phone.

    I glared at him, and quickly dialed Tommy's number. "I think I'm allowed to have some privacy." I sneared, at both the officer and Carson.

He gave me an arrogant glare, and then replied, "Jonah--" he gestured to the door, and they both exited.

"Hello?" the familiar voice answered, breaking the newfound silence.

"Tommy. Its Gabby. I'm in jail, Elsie--" he cut me off before I could finish.

I could tell he was freaking out badly, "Jail?! What the hell? Are you okay? What'd you do?!"

"Shhhh. Tommy, this is serious. Elsie black mailed me. She stole my drivers license, and told her parole officer that she was me." I paused, not knowing what else to say. "She then told him that I was stealing her things. I'm in deep shit. No one believes me, I hope you do..."

    The seriousness of the situation was finally setting in to my psyche. If no one else believed me, why would Tommy? Oh god.

I heard him sigh, and then after momentary silence he replied, "God, Gabby. I told you to be careful. Damn it, I'll let Leah know. I'll figure something out. Just stay strong..."