twenty-five: bullseye

Let's rewind.

Taehyung clutched his bag straps tightly as he heard Jeongguk yell behind him. He pretended not to hear and continued walking, slightly increasing his pace. After he sent that text to Mr. Jeon, he stayed up nearly the entire night thinking of what he was going to do. Although he did disagree to Jeongguk's father's deal, he still wanted Jeongguk to go to Hong Kong. Taehyung knew what he was doing wasn't right, and it's definitely not what Jeongguk would've wanted. But Taehyung also knew that Jeongguk's mother was so damn important to him, that he'd been putting up with his father's shit for this long only for his mother.

Jeongguk had told him about Mrs. Jeon's weak mental health and how she seems to have blocked out the memories of what his father had done. She was living in her own little bubble where everything followed the same routine everyday. Taehyung was just not ready to risk her small world to be disrupted so heavily and put her in a state of pain just so his little school crush can live with him.

He thought over his plan all up until lunch, barely paying attention to class. He rehearsed all the lines he had come up with to say to his friends and Jennie. Once lunch came in, he was the first one out of the door along with Jimin, who's wrist was tightly in Taehyung's grasp so that he could drag him to go meet up with the boys in front of the cafeteria door as soon as he could.

Taehyung anxiously waited for all of them to arrive. To make this plan believable he needed as many people in on it — even if they didn't know. "Okay, guys. Jeongguk's going to come look for me. When he comes to ask you guys, tell him I'm by the storage room beside the big tree helping Ms. Yang."

Jin elbowed him while they all broke out into smiles. "You planning something big for the boy?"

"Are you asking him out again?"

"Never thought you'd turn to these mushy things."

"Ooo, I wonder what the surprise is? A hundred heart shaped ballons with his name? Giant poster? Flower petals falling from an unknown source as you grab him by the waist, place you forehead against his holding a single rose with the spare hand, to whisper in his e— okay, I'll stop," Hoseok rambled on.

"Well," Taehyung started, searching for the right words to say to his friends. "It's definitely going to be a surprise."

"We got you, man. Good luck!"

The silver-head nodded. "Thanks. Definitely gonna need it."

Perfect. Now, he's gotta get the girl that's going to make this a home run. Taehyung quickly rushed to the said storage room where he had texted Jennie to come and stay outside. She fortunately showed up and waited patiently.

"The fuck took you so long? Why'd you ask me to come here?" Jennie started as soon as she saw the male walk towards her.

"I need a favour. Please. I'll do anything, even set you and Jin up on a date."

Jennie groaned. "Whatever, I'm over him. Can you believe the guy?! He rather be with that bitch than me! I mean, yeah Irene is drop dead gorgeous, and perfect in all ways, clear skin, good grades, nice a– shit, she is better th–"

"Jennie, I really don't have time for this. He's probably on his way."

"Who's on–"