Chapter Forty-Two

-time skip thirty nine days -

Y/n's pov

It's been exactly thirty nine days since I arrived at this hospital. It's called St. Lincoln's House of Recreation for The Criminally Insane. After the fire was contained they found me in the middle of the street admiring the damage and and aftermath. I was detained without struggle. The others still haven't come for me, I don't think they want me back and at first I was fine with that, but now I'm really starting to change my mind, being on 24/7 medication and locked down to a bed all hours of the day really gets to you after a while.

They took away my mask and refused to let me have any additional cloth to cover my face so now I keep my head down and refuse talk to anyone, though it's hard considering the restraints on my arms and legs pinning me to a small bed. All I do now is sit in my locked room and stare at the white walls around me, sometimes glancing at the small window overlooking the setting sun illuminating the small courtyard for those who have the luxury to walk around.

Suddenly the alert lights turned from their normal bright blinding white to a flashing red. I jumped as the alarms started blaring and the head doctor came over the loudspeaker. "Walls have been breached! This is not a drill! Stay in lockdo-" He cut off as the power simultaneously went down.

I looked around frantic hoping it was a chance to get out of here. Distant screams echoed distantly through the hallway. My heart picked up tenfold as footsteps approached my door and something jiggled in the lock for a few seconds. My breathing hitched as the door clicked open, the screams not with no barrier were ear piercing. "Y/n?" Someone called in a raspy whisper.

My eyes lit up for the first time in the past month and a half. Masky stood in the door frame. He gripped a metal pipe and pulled his mask up to above his mouth. "You came back?" I whispered happy to see him.

He quickly rushed over to me and examined the leather straps holding me down to the bed. "I'll be right back." He said as he hurried back out the door yelling out Jeff's name.

The screams cut off as a pair of footsteps made its way over to the door. "Find em'?" Jeff asked.

"Yeah, I need you to cut the restraints." Masky said leading Jeff into the room motioning to the straps holding me down.

I turned my head away embarrassed by them seeing me in the thin white hospital gown they forced me in. Jeff hummed an agreement and started sawing away at the straps on my arms working his way down to my legs. Once he was done he backed up giving me some space. I sat up making blood rush to my head from my lying position I was forced to keep. I jumped onto the linoleum tiles only for my legs to give out from neglect, resulting in me tumbling to the floor. Jeff laughed while Masky walked over and gently picked me up. "Wait, I can walk." I protested "Fine suit yourself." He laughed and set me down making my feet wobble as I attempted to keep up with their pace.

I started having second thoughts as we walked down the deserted hall. Should I really go back, they betrayed me, I shouldn't give them a second chance. But at the same time Hoodies there and he gave me one. My mind focused on him. "Hey, erm, Masky?" I said catching up at him.

He looked down at me. "Yes?" he said soothingly as if I were a child.

"Is Hoodie here?" I asked looking away not wanting to meet his gaze.

Jeff, who I forgot was walking beside us quickly intervened. "Everyone's here." He stated simply.

My check burned as I turned to him. "What?" I asked flustered fiddling with the end of the gowned sleeves.

Masky hummed a yes confirming my fears making my want to go back dwindled rapidly. "Stop!" A loud commanding voice that I knew all too well rang through the halls behind us.

We quickly wiped our heads around looking at the head doctor surrounded by two security guards. "Y/n don't do this, we can help you." He said stepping closer to me. "Like hell they'd go with you." Jeff chuckled stepping forward his knife raised.

I clutched Jeff's forearm stopping him, he looked back questioningly as he ripped his shoulder out from my grip.

"Don't tell me you're actually thinking about staying with these clowns?" Masky questioned as he stepped closer to me. I backpedaled a few feet back pinning me in the middle of the two groups. Truth be told staying here, strapped down, isolated sounded bad but at the same time I was alone. At the moment it actually sounded quite nice. But on the other hand I want to continue to help the proxies.

"I don't know." I mouthed making Masky grip his bloody pipe tighter.

"It's your choice.

Them or us."