Chapter 23

The entire room had gone instantly quiet, you could almost feel the tension in the air. Sam was involved in this? I wasn't surprised if I was being honest, a small part of me knew that he would be involved I just hadn't wanted to admit it to myself or anyone else for that matter.

"Um, I think I missed something." Henry spoke as he looked at all of our faces with confusion. I had told Henry about Sam but I hadn't told him his name. I looked at Annie helplessly, I didn't want to talk about Sam anymore, I didn't even want to think about him.

"The Baker my dad is referring to would be the disgusting mutt that tried to hurt Renee." Annie seethed thru clenched teeth, I could tell she was still furious over it but she was trying to stay calm because of the baby.

The confusion that was once on Henry's face was replaced with understanding, which soon turned to anger. He looked to me, his facial expressions softening as he saw how the announcement had affected me. He knew that I would still feel sadness when it came to Sam until I marked Henry, it's not that I wanted to feel anything it was just because of the mate bond. Also if I'm being honest I was still a little shaken from the events that had transpired from the short time that I had given Sam a chance. Henry walked over to me and pulled me into his arms knowing it would comfort me.

"If I heard you correctly you said their leader wanted Lana for a mate, does that mean Sam is the one orchestrating all of this?" Troy questioned. I had been so shocked by hearing Sam's name that I had completely forgotten that Uncle Alf had called him their leader.

"We don't know, I would say that he's at least the leader of the rogues, which how he became that in such a short order of time, I don't know." Uncle Alf sighed before continuing. "What I do know though is that we are definitely going to be attacked at some point. Sam didn't leave this pack on good terms and I know he will be wanting his revenge."

"Is this what all this is about? Revenge?" I spat out angrily, Henry rubbed my back trying to calm me but I don't think it was going to work as easily as it usually does. Was he really doing all of this for revenge? All the killings and kidnappings, just because he got rejected? I didn't understand it, he wasn't hurt when I rejected him, he was just upset about not getting to be the Alpha.

"I'm sure it's part of it but it's not the full reason he's been doing the things he has. Why capture so many werewolves, work with humans and mers, all to get revenge on one person? He's up to something bigger, we just don't know what it is yet." Uncle Alf reasoned before turning his attention towards Troy. "We will need to notify your father of these developments, I told him I would keep him informed on what we know."

"I will speak to him first thing tomorrow morning." Troy agreed.

"What are you going to tell the pack?" Annie spoke.

"Nothing as of right now. I do not know if Sam's parents are in contact with him or not, and if they are I can't let them tip off Sam of our plan of attack, especially since his father is our lead pack warrior." Uncle Alf was right, we couldn't count on his parents keeping quiet about our plans.

"However." Uncle Alf continued. "I will not leave my pack unable to defend themselves, as of tomorrow everyone that is able will be getting warrior training. With the attack on our nearest neighbors it will not look suspicious to have everyone being trained. And in the mean time I will be having Martin planning a strategy behind the scenes."

"Scarlet's dad?" I questioned.

"No one would suspect one our researchers having anything to do with battle but he actually knows a lot. His dad before him was lead warrior in our pack along with also being a researcher. Martin knows about all the battles that have happened in our legends, knows about Mer's and other creatures, and is the best option of coming up with a plan." Uncle Alf explained and I had to admit he was right, no one would suspect him in planning anything behind the scenes.