If you are a software tester or a QA engineer then, you must be thinking every minute to find out the bugs in the application. And of course, you should do this..!! Whether you are developing a website for your personal use or for the customer or for your own organization, it is very much important that your website must be bug-free.
A bug in your application will not only ruin the usability of your website but will also affect your reputation as a developer. We all know that web application development is quite creative and innovative work and there is always an opportunity for improvement and performance optimization in the web application.
In this article, we will discuss the basic checklist of bugs that will enable you to deploy the bug-free web application in production:
· When the screen is opened, then the focus should be set on the required field.
· After displaying an error message or information message, your focus must be set on the specific field.
· The focus must be set on controls like date controls and dropdown. The shortcut keys must be verified and should be working properly.
· Field length must be fixed as per DB columns. The validations should be applied to fields like Date, password, email, etc.
· The mandatory fields should be validated and you must make sure that mandatory fields are according to the DB columns.
· The error summary must be displayed properly; sometimes error summary triggers more than once in the page life cycle and also you must make sure that there must be no dead links on the page.
Below are listed some of the tips and tricks by which you can find out these bugs in web application development as:
Detecting Bugs in Web Application
· Understand the entire application or module in depth before beginning the testing process.
· You should prepare a good test case before starting to test; this dataset includes the test case conditions and also the database records if you are going to test DB related applications.
· Perform repeated test with many different test case environment.
· You should try to find out the resulting pattern and then should compare your results with those patterns.
· When you think that you have finished most of the test conditions and when you think that you are tired somewhat, then do some monkey testing on it.
· Use your previous test data pattern for analyzing the current set of tests.
· Try some standard test case for which you found some bugs in some different applications. Like, if you doing testing input test box then try some HTML tags as the inputs and then see the output on display page.
· At last, but one of the best tips and tricks is to try hard to find the bug. As, if you are testing only to break the web application.
Above all mentioned points of testing scenario, documentation testing will help you to make your web application bug free. Once your web application development is performed using such tips and tricks with all high priority, it can be deployed into production.
For more details regarding web development services, you can directly reach us at Tekshapers.com.
YOU ARE READING
Tips for finding common bugs in web applicationsRandom
If you are a software tester or a QA engineer then, you must be thinking every minute to find out the bugs in the application. And of course, you should do this..!! Whether you are developing a website for your personal use or for the customer or fo...