Evidence

"The young teen's mother said he wanted nothing more than to be a hero. Unfortunately, he will never get that chance now.. Now we'll turn it over to miss Sato Hisamitsu who beleives there may have been something more to Midoriya's death."

"Thank you, yes, I thought there was something fishy about his passing away so I did some reseach. First, he had a regular checkup just days before he got sick and all the results came back as normal. Next, the rapid mannar of his sudden sickness is unusual to say the least. Lastly, there was a rare and highly toxic chemical in his bloodstream only identified after his death.

This is the most eye-catching fact because there was no way for the toxin to be anywhere near him to be a danger. The chemical is currently being stored at military base 5, over a hundred miles from his home. Thanks for listening."

The woman on the news finished up and they moved onto the weather. She was putting the peices together, this can't end well..

I got up and threw my backpack over my shoulder after turning off the tv.

--

"Did you guys watch the news this morning?"

"Yea,.. I don't know what to think about it..."

"It sounded like she was implying murder to me.. but that's ridiculous, right?"

"I don't know.. She made some good points, and we all saw the progress of his.... sickness..."

My phone buzzed in my pocket as I made my way to my seat, trying to ignore the other students. I layed my head down and read my fathers message.

He tried to break into the facility today, talk to him the next time you see him.

There was a picture of Todoroki attached. Why would he try to break into the base though?

As if on cue, half-n-half walked into the classroom, a cut on his face, dirt on the knees of his pants, and an angry expression on his face. I walked over and dragges him out of the class by the collar of his shirt. "We need to talk."

"What the he'll do you want Bakugou." He groaned as we stood in the hall.

"Why the fuck did you go to the army this morning?"

"How do you know about that.." He crossed his arms and looked at the floor with furrowed eyebrows.

"My father works for the military. Now, tell me why you did it," I growled.

"You saw the news this morning, hell, I'm sure you already knew about the chemical they were talking about through your dad." He glared at me.

(Todoroki's thoughts) I beleive what Hisamitsu said.. She was pointing at and blaming the military.

"You did it for Deku."

"Yea,.. I really liked him. He helped me through my problems,.. but then he told me he liked you.. and I couldn't give up my feelings toward him so I just stayed quiet and you hurt him."

"How did I hurt him. He didn't confess to me until he was lying on his deathbed."

"Whatever.. there's nothing we can do now."

"So, what did you think you were doing?"

"I don't trust the government. The evidence this morning doesn't help their case."

"So what's your plan. You were just gonna break into the fucking military and then what? Steal evidence? What were you looking for?"

"I... I don't know. ....I was angry because he was gone, I wasn't thinking."

"Well it doesn't really matter.. You weren't cought, and like you said, there's enough evidence to make a case-" my eyes widened as I realized what I was saying.

There's gonna be an investigation, they'll make a case, there's enough evidence for a trial against the military, more specifically... my father..

"...Bakugou?"

"There's gonna be a trial, haha.--" I chuckled lightly and started muttering as I walked past him back into the classroom. "--He's gonna go to jail, I can be free. Would I also go to prison though,.. it wasn't my fault.. I was forced into it. I disn't break the law.. right? What if they found security cameras, I forced Deku and Monoma to come with me.. No, I asked them, I didn't have to use force.."

I looked up and saw Aizawa and half the class staring at me. I sounded like Deku,.... muttering like that..

--

"Dad! Where are you?" I shouted as I pushed through the doors of my house.

Complete silence. I pulled out my phone as I rushed up the stairs to my room, I found the news on my father.

Masaru Bakugou arrested as suspect for illegal chemical distribution and murder of 15 year old Izuku Midoriya, possibly others as well.

My chest started aching, what's going to happen? So many different things could come out of this, if he's found innocent he will come home and blame me, if he's found guilty he's going to jail, but what will happen to me then?

I read all the headlines, there was no mention of me anywhere, but my involvement was bound to come out eventually.

It didn't take long, as I refreshed the page, a new headline appeared.

Secret high-ranking military officer Katsuki Bakugou plays major role in the death of a close friend?

Shit. It's only what the media thinks, but it's out now and everyone's going to beleive it. There's no records of what happened, so somebody must have said something.

I don't know what to do, how am I supposed to deal with this. I closed Google, and went to my contacts.

"....Hey,.. Kirishima.." My voice was shaking more than I thought it would be..

"Hey bro, I think I know why you're calling.."

"Have you seen the news.....?"

"Yea, Sero just showed me, are you ok?"

I shook my head then realized he couldn't see me. "No.. I'm freaking out.. I don't know what to do."

"Alright, listen, it's gonna be okay. You didn't do anything wrong, just talk to the police, be honest and you'll be ok."

"Can we meet up.."

"Yeah, um come to the pizza shop at the strip center downtown."

I hung up the phone and headed over there.