Chapter 1- Secrets

TJ's POV
I walked down the halls trying to find Buffy. I finally saw her at the gym, practicing some basketball. "Hey Slayer." I said. "Hey. What brings you here?" "I just wanted to talk to you." I replied. "Ok, what about?" She asked sitting down on the bleachers. I did the same and tried to gather the words I was going to say.

"You know what? It's not that important." "It sure seemed like it!" Buffy said. "Come on. Tell me what's going on. We're friends now!" I sighed and said, "Ok, fine." I hesitated, but then gathered the courage to tell her. "You know how a circle isn't straight at all?" She stared at me weirdly and then said, "Yeah." "Umm....well, that's something me and a circle have in common." It took a minute for her to figure out what she was saying. "Oh." She said, "Wait, do you mean-" "I'm gay" I interrupted. "And I also may or may not have a crush on Cyrus."

"What? Woah! Well, I kind of already knew that." Buffy said. "What? How?" "Well, you're not exactly that good at hiding your feelings for him. It's like you don't even try!" I rolled my eyes and said, "I need your help. Do you think he might like me back?" "I don't really know. I mean, when he had a crush on Jonah, he acted like he worshipped him!" "Oh, well-" I paused realizing what she had just said. "Wait, what?" Buffy didn't even realize what she said. She looked at me wide eyed and said, "I wasn't supposed to tell you that!" It took me forever to register what she had said into my brain. "So I might actually have a chance with him?" Buffy shrugged, "Maybe. I don't know. Look I don't want to get your hopes up. Have you tried coming out to him?" I shook my head and said, "No. It's just terrifying. I mean, I know he'll accept me, but there's still this tiny fear inside me that doesn't let me and that's afraid of losing him." "He considers you his best friend. How could he not accept you?" She said. I nodded, "You're right. But I'm not going to. At least not right now." She nodded, "Well, when you are ready, know that I'm here to support you." "Thanks, Buffy." I said.

"So is there anyone, you're crushing on right now?" She rolled her eyes. "Not going to tell you." I laughed, "Oh come on! I just told you two of my secrets! Please?" She rolled her eyes again, "Will you stop annoying me if I tell you?" I quickly nodded. "Ok, I like Marty." "From the party?" "Yeah." "Wow." "What?" Buffy said. "Oh, nothing." "Come on tell me!" I rolled my eyes. "It's nothing!" "Please?" She pleaded. I let out a sigh and said, "Fine! But this is the last thing I'm sharing! I used to have a crush on him in Elementary School." She gaped at me. "Woah!"

"Did he ever mention it?" She shook her head "No, Why?" "Wait, so he didn't know?" "No, I don't think so." "Oh now I feel bad for the guy! Remember when I was mean to you and Marty?" She nodded. "Well, I thought he knew, so that's why I was mean to him. So if he did suspect, then he would stop because then he would think 'why would a jerk like him, like me?'" She chuckled, "Great plan."

"So have you tried to tell him you like him?" I asked her. "No! I just got back to being friends with him about a week ago! I'm not going to ruin it by telling him I have feelings for him! And plus I think he has a girlfriend." "Who?" I asked. "I don't know. But I saw them hugging the other day in the halls." "Oh. Well she could just be a friend. Or she could be his sister!" "No, he told me he was an only child." "Oh, well I'm out of ideas, sorry."

I chuckled. "Wow. Can you believe we were enemies once and now we're trusting each other with our secrets?"
She chuckled as well. "No I can't. It's....a real surprise." I nodded. We stayed silent for a few seconds and I had an idea! "I have a plan." I told Buffy. "For what?" "To get Cyrus and Marty to like us back! We could fake date, to make them jealous!" "I don't know. Do you think it'll work?" I shrugged "Maybe. It worked in a movie I once watched." "You got the idea from a movie?" "What? It was a good movie and it could work!" She thought for a bit and finally agreed. "Ok, fine. But if this plan backfires, it'll be your fault!" "It won't. Trust me." "The last time I trusted you, you didn't pass me the ball." "Really? That was about a year ago. I'm a changed man!" She chuckled, "man?" I rolled my eyes. "Do you want Marty to like you or not?" "Yes." "Well, you better stop insulting me, or else I'm not helping you." "I'm not even sure this plan will work." Buffy said. "It'll work, ok? Trust me." Buffy sighed, "Ok, fine. I trust you." The bell rang to mark the beginning of first period. "See you later, Driscoll." I said getting up from the bleachers "Or should I say fake girlfriend?" She chuckled and rolled her eyes at me. I began walking towards the doors. I really hope this plan works.

I deleted all the previous chapter and started from scratch. I thought it was really dramatic with Cyrus crying because of TJ and all, but I'm still going to use some scenes that I had already written for it. Hope you guys like the new beginning!