Chapter #16 Seraphina

I heaved the blonde haired king on my back, "you better be grateful I don't hold grudges." I growled, "or I would have left you there just like you did with me in that alleyway." He wasn't exactly heavy, but he didn't fit the description of light either. And even if I did hold grudges, I doubt I would have left him on the ground like that.

I received no response. But then again, after what happened, I wouldn't expect any. I could still see the noticeable cuts and bruises marked on his face, and I wouldn't even know what the extent of his pain was.

"S-Seraphina." Blyke stuttered, "Who the hell was he?!" I could immediately tell that Blyke was not only worried, but scared. I would have been too, that is, if I hadn't known that someone as powerful as this would be coming to Wellston.

I sighed, "The one person who annoys the hell out of me." I pointed to Arlo, "Other than him." It was true, but I could tell that it wasn't the answer Blyke wanted. But I didn't feel like filling him in at the moment either.

Blyke turned around, I could tell that he was angry. "He hurt Remi..."

Now, as many people know, I have quite a limited amount of control. Control that can easily slip through my fingers at any given moment. And this was one of them.

        I began to tremble out of anger, and my grip on the blonde tightened. "He did..." I took a deep breath. "You know what, he isn't even worth it," I turned to gaze around. "Where is she?"

Blyke looked down in guilt, "I'm sorry, I couldn't protect her..."

I patted him on the back, "you tried," I soothed, "that's all that mattered." Although I knew that Remi was okay, that didn't stop the rage that filled me. Remi was always there for me, she was the one who helped me. And I couldn't help her...

"Let's head over to your dorm," I suggested, "we could talk over there."

He nodded, "sure, I'm still light headed after," he motioned around the big hole in the wall, "that."

I shrugged, "well, it's simply a problem we have to deal with."

Blyke picked Remi up, she wasn't too far away from the fight. And simple bruises marked her arms and legs. It wasn't too bad, but it was enough to make me angry. We both walked over to his dorm.

'So he hasn't changed,' a voice in my head said sarcastically, 'well that's just perfect.'

I huffed in frustration, "Trust me," I lowered my voice to a whisper. "He has definitely changed, just not in the way we wished."

        'Oh? So you mean he has gotten more violent and snotty? Couldn't agree with you more.'

Blyke glanced at me, "Are you talking to me?"

I shook my head, "No, just thinking to myself."

* * * * *

I laid Arlo on the couch, putting a blanket on top of him. He was literally laying straight, and I wondered if he moved at all in his sleep, people usually curl up when they sleep, and it would be funny to see Arlo in such a position. Besides, if I had a phone, that would be blackmail material right there.

"How is he?" The red head asked softly.

I shrugged, "I would guess that he would be awake by now, but is too embarrassed to open his eyes."

We both looked at him with pity.

"He never stood a chance," Blyke mumbled.

I shook my head, "No," I growled, "Instead of staying low like I told him to, he went on prancing around like an idiot. And just like I suspected, he got caught."