Safe (Final Chapter)..

Start from the beginning

She wanted to wake up, more than anything. To be released from her dark confines and wrapped in Shota's sleeping bag. 

She missed her home, and the smell of Shota's body wash that she used. She wanted to run her fingers through his hair and enjoy his random cuddles. 

That crushing feeling that she would never go home again weighed her down. (Name) felt like she was suffocating within her own mind. It was betraying her inch by inch, laughing as she waited for Giran to come. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shota had woken up to a nurse shaking his shoulder. To which he jerked up straight, his eyes immediately coming to (Name). She was still breathing slowly, but not awake yet. 

Only then did he hear his phone ringing. The nurse excused herself to leave Shota with his call, but he stepped into the hall anyway. He made sure to leave the door to (Name's) room open so he could watch her. 

Shota felt an annoyance rising when he opened his phone to Yamada's laughing face. He contemplated letting it ring. With a roll of his eyes he pressed answer. 

"I don't have time for any of your stupid outings." 

Yamada could feel the irritation through the phone. It wasn't a choice for him to call Shota, but an order from their boss. 

"I'm sorry to call you about all this Shota but I need help here! Nemuri won't answer her phone and your closest to me! Anyone else would take to long, please!" 

It was a damn rescue mission. Ironically Shota thought about telling Hizashi no, that he's had enough of rescue missions for one day. But he glances back at his mangled wife laying in her hospital bed. 

If this was her I would do it over again

Shota let out a breath and held the phone to his ear again, "Fine. I'm on my way." 

He slides his phone into his pocket, luckily he wore his costume today instead of street clothes. Shota stands beside her bed, he's reluctant to go. But would (Name) really wake up while he was gone? 

He leans down to press a kiss to her warm forehead. He swipes her hair away from her face.

"Don't even think about dying on me (Name), I have to go but I'll come back to you unscathed." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Shota met up with Hizashi it was a madhouse. There were rescue heroes already on scene, trying to pull people from the massive building that was slowly engulfing in flames. 

Shota had already joined Yamada's side to help fight the villain responsible for all of this; and keep it away from the citizens. 

His mind kept drifting to (Name) but he had to shake her from his mind for only a few minutes or he'll be distracted. 

Shota leaps at the villain, he was one they hadn't seen before. He was huge but nothing that the pros together couldn't handle. 

He jumps at the last second as the villain swipes at him. Shota uses his capture weapon to sling the villain towards Yamada, who blasts him with a loud yelp. 

The firemen and rescue heroes were still dragging people out of the building until one called out that there were no more. Two seconds later the building collapsed in on itself. A chorus of screams from the less injured rang through Shota's ears. 

It was his phone again. The familiar ring he had set only for (Name). 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------