04 | his new found son

Nightmares. We all get them. Nightmares about raccoons eating all of your Jaffa Cakes not so much. My nightmares were not of the Jaffa Cake eating raccoon variety (Jaffa Cake company please don't sue me, I'm sure Walkers are already on my trail; and while we're taking can I ask: are Jaffa Cakes cakes or biscuits?)

My nightmares are in fact memories, much like flashbacks to a horrible time when you wished you didn't exist...

"It's been months! Where is that money? Why haven't they paid up yet?" I heard Finn's voice through the door and his alleged footsteps walking back and forth.

"I don't know, Finn." Luca said in a tired voice. More pacing was heard, presumably Finn.

"I'm getting her now."

"Wait Fi-"

I quickly and quietly ran to the other side of the room and pretended to be asleep. My eyes were shut but my ears were working just fine.

Whenever one of them came into my room they would usually just stare and make sure I'm not doing anything they didn't want me to do and then leave.

This time I felt Finn's hand wrap around my wrists and drag me out of my mattress. If he weren't so strong, I'm sure he wouldn't have dragged me the whole way to the kitchen. But he was strong and I was dragged, despite my kicks and attempts to get up.

He then released his grip and glared at me, on the floor, as if it was my fault that they hadn't been paid.

"Why haven't they fuckin' paid yet?" I stared at him with wide eyes, not knowing what to say and not wanting to say the wrong thing.

"I don't know why you think she knows anything, Finn. She's been locked in her room this whole time." I turned my head and on the table at the far side of the room sat Luca.

Finn glared at me once more and then gave a frustrated look to both Luca and I.

"I bet they're planning something. They wouldn't paid unless they were planning something."

"You're being dramatic, Finn. Send the girl back to her room and we can sort this out later." Luca said, still in a tired and bored voice.

"Oh no. This girl isn't staying here getting free hospitality for months while we wait for the cash." Finn pointed at me. "Get up now."

I hurried onto my feet quickly, stumbling a bit.

"You can do some chores while we try and get some money off your parents, alright?"

"Finn, I don't think getting her to do stuff around the house is the bes-"

"Oh shut up Luca. You've done nothing but complain the entire time."

"I haven-" Luca protested.

"She's going to die. She's not well. She needs feminine products. Well I don't fuckin' care she can bleed all she wants. As long as I get my cash I'm fine."

Finn turned to me, still in rage that Luca had argued against it.

"Go do something useful like washing the plates or something." I nodded and quickly did as he said.