19

Elijah POV

I managed to take out Corl's other black eye and replace them with his own. After a moment, his head slightly twitches. He then blinks to life, squinting as his eyes return to their original hue of blue.

"Corl!" I exclaim as I grasp him tightly.

"Elijah? What's going on?" He questions, though hugging back.

I pull away and attempt to explain what happened. I give him the basic information and he seems to remember the details. I mention that we only have until midnight.. before.. before something happens.

Suddenly, I remember that Y/N has the watch. What time is it now? Is she alright?

"Elijah!" Corl says, snapping me out of my silent self questioning.

"Sorry," I respond.

"What's wrong?" He asks, noticing my growing concern.

"Y/N has the watch and I'm not sure what time it is now.. in fact, I don't even know if she's alright," I confess.

"What time was it last?" Corl asks me.

"The last time I knew what time it was, it was 11:16," I answer.

"Crap.. we must not have much time," Corl concludes.

"Yeah, we better get moving," I suggest, walking towards the painting.

"Where are we going?" Corl asks, following closely behind me.

"The painting. It's the only place I know where to look," I explain.

"Ok," Corl responds.

We continue heading towards the painting. I begin to run, knowing that we shouldn't waste time by walking. Corl catches the hint and runs too.

After a couple of minutes, we reach the painting. I hold a finger up to my mouth, indicating that he should be quiet. We sneak into the hallway and into the room.

My eyes go wide at what I see. I see Alex and Sub collapsed on the floor as Y/N is lifelessly slumped in the chair. My eyes start to water in fear for the situation. I don't know what happened, but I know I still have a job to do. I walk over to Y/N, carefully stepping over Alex and Sub.

I lift her wrist and unclip the watch from it.

11:47