You adopt a puppy (4/4 SFW Visual)

Summary: You and your fav adopt a puppy (Words: 2.2k)
--

Ashton:
"Ok, watch your step in here..." Ashton instructs me, seeing that my eyes are covered with a blindfold since the beginning of the car ride.
"Can I just take off the blindfold?" I ask, making Ashton chuckle.
"In a bit, princess." He says and knocks on a door.
"Hi, are you Mrs. Robins?" I hear him ask.
"Yes, and you must be Ashton..." The lady replies; her voice is very sweet, and I can tell that she is old.
"I am, and this is my girlfriend, (Y/N)." He says and introduces me to the lady I've yet to see.
"It is a pleasure to meet you both. Come inside. I have them in the back..." She invites us in. Ashton places his hand on my lower back and gently pushes me inside.
"Can I at least take the blindfold now that we are in a stranger's house?" I ask, tugging at Ashton's sleeve, but get no reply.
"Take a look at them and tell me which one you would like..." The lady says. I feel Ashton undo my blindfold.
"Ready?" He asks, still keeping it on my eyes. I nod my head and he lets go. 

In front of me, there is a small play den with at least 4 puppies and an adult dog. I shriek and fall on my knees, observing the little furballs as they stumble around.
"Since I am leaving for tour in a bit, I thought you should have some company and someone to protect you." Ashton comments, kneeling next to me.
"Are we taking all of them?" I ask excitedly.
"I was thinking of one." He giggles and I pout.
"(Y/N), one..." He says sternly and I roll my eyes.
"But they are so cute, I can't pick..." I groan and pout my bottom lip some more.
"I am sorry to interrupt, but this one escaped the den. She is a fussy one." The lady says, carrying a puppy who has dirt on its snout. On its mouth, there is a daisy hanging, which makes me giggle. I reach to grab it and I see the puppy wag its tail.
"Uh, she has destroyed all my flowers..." The lady exclaims. I turn to Ashton and smile.
"That's the one." I announce, pointing at the puppy who is still looking at me, wagging her tail.
"Are you sure?" He asks. I pick the puppy up, making the mother look at me threateningly, but relaxes after she realizes I mean no harm.
"Look at her... She will even bring me my morning flower while you are gone. Plus, she already has a name, so we won't have to brainstorm..." I say, turning the puppy to make Ashton look at her.
"She has a name?" He asks and I nod.
"And what would her name be?" He asks again.
"Daisy." I reply and peck on my new love's head.
"Alright, she is the one then." Ashton breathes out, smiling and kissing the top of my head as he hugs me.

Calum: Calum and I walk hand in hand in the animal shelter, smiling brightly at the young woman who is behind the information desk

Calum:
Calum and I walk hand in hand in the animal shelter, smiling brightly at the young woman who is behind the information desk.
"Good morning. How can I help you?" She asks.
"Good morning. We are looking to adopt a dog." Calum says; I simply smile and lean my head on his arm.
"This is a very smart choice. I mean, adopting from a shelter and not buying. I will show you the dogs, follow me." The lady smiles and gets out from behind the desk, gesturing for one of the other volunteers to cover her.
She leads us to the kennels and I feel my stomach tighten; I knew it would be hard for me to be in shelter.
"We keep them here only at night. They spend most of the day outside; that way they learn to socialize." The lady explains and I nod my head, not knowing what to say. As if Calum understands my uneasiness, he leaves a peck on my forehead, in an effort to calm me down.
She leads us to the backyard, where there are around 20 dogs laying on the grass or running around.
"This is a wonderful place. You are doing a great job." I compliment and the lady smiles sweetly.
"Thank you. It is a team effort, we really love animals here. Take a look around, and call me if you need any help." The lady says and points around the backyard. I turn to look at Calum, who takes my hand in his and runs his thumb over my the back of it.
"Let's take a stroll, ok?" He asks and I nod.
"Is your stomach uneasy as well?" I ask and he chuckles softly.
"Only a little. But we will be alright. Now, let's see who is going to be Duke's brother or sister." He says, beginning to walk.
We walk around for a bit, looking at the puppies and the older dogs. I take a deep breath and turn to Calum.
"I want to sit down for a bit." I say and Calum looks at me worriedly.
"(Y/N), if you don't feel well, we can come another day." He assures me.
"I know, I just want to take a seat for a minute." I reply and sit on the grass.
I take a deep breath and close my eyes, trying to relax a bit. Calum sighs and I feel him sit behind me, wrapping his arms around me.
"We can't take them all." He says.
"I know." I reply and lean my head back.
"If you feel sorry about the others, we can adopt the one we like and donate to the shelter." He whispers and I nod.
"I know you want them all, angel, and I do as well. But we can't." He reminds me. I nod my head again, still not opening my eyes.
We sit in silence for a minute until I feel something soft and furry rub against my leg. I open my eyes and find a golden labrador retriever rub his head on my leg.
"Hi, cutie..." I coo, excitedly, patting his head. I notice that he only has one eye, which makes me feel sorry for the poor thing.
"Excuse me, what happened to the dog?" I ask the lady who sits a bit away from us.
"Oh, he was born with one eye. He has some issues in perceiving depth, but he is very healthy, very calm, and very playful." The lady replies, kneeling as well.
"And how old is he?" Calum asks, reaching up to pet the dog as well.
"Captain is 2 years old." The lady responds, smiling at us.
"Cal, I think I am in love." I whisper, playing with the dog's ear as he leans his head on my palm.
"Hey, Captain. She has a boyfriend, so stop making her fall for you..." Calum fake scolds the dog, who looks at him with puppy eyes.
"Are you guys interested in adopting Captain?" The lady asks; I turn to look at Calum, biting my lip and waiting to see his reaction.
"More than interested." Calum replies before he leans down to peck on my lips.