Chapter 28

"Happy birthday!" Flynn shouts, opening my bedroom door.

I shove my head under the covers more.

"Get up, get up, get up! It's your birthday you finally turned seventeen!" Tom shakes my shoulder.

"Piss off," I mumble, keeping my eyes shut tight as he pulls the covers from me, "No give me back the covers!"

"You'll get them back when you wake up." I bet Tom has them in his hands.

"Come on! Kira will be over later and we still need to give you presents," Flynn answers, he begins tickling me to try to wake me, I giggle and open my eyes.

"Okay fine, I'll get changed later, let's just get this day over and done with." I get up and walk down the stairs, the boys at my heel.

After falling asleep at Archie's a few days back, me and Aunt Susan had a long talk about the incident. I haven't exactly forgiven her, I just need the peace between us. I still need to think about if we should turn her in, she did commit a crime after all.

"Morning baby! Happy birthday." Aunt Susan wraps me into a hug and kisses my cheek multiple times.

"Yeah, yeah, enough of that, what's for breakfast," I groan.

"A full on fry up, hash browns, sausages, bacon, egg, baked beans, fried bread, that sort of thing, dig in!" She hands us the plates.

I instantly shove two hash browns onto it, followed by a sausage, some eggs and beans.

"Catch," Tom says, throwing a piece of fried bread to me. I catch it between two fingers and toss it onto the plate.

We all dig in, Aunt Susan hands us orange juice and I chug some down.

"This is the best breakfast, ever," Tom moans. Foodaholic shall we say.

We finish up breakfast and I go upstairs to get changed, I put on my blue dress that I bought when shopping with Kira, I put the boots I bought the same day on too, the cowgirl style ones. I look in my mirror and twirl, watching the skirt part of the dress spin with me. I sit down and apply a bit of makeup, making the smoky eyes with my eyeshadow. I apply some baby pink gloss and shove my glasses on.

I descend from the stairs and watch as Tom and Flynn both turn their heads at the table. Tom's mouth flies open like a fish and Flynn just stares.

"No likey, no lighty," I joke.

"Me likey," Tom says with a dimpled grin.

"Wow." Is all Flynn can say.

"Present time!" Tom claps his hands together.

"Shouldn't we wait for Kira?" I ask

"Oh but I want to see your reaction," he moans back.

"Fine!" I smile and walk the rest of the way down the stairs and into the front room, sitting on the sofa.

Tom rummages in a plastic bag and hauls out two wrapped presents.

"Which one shall I open first?" I ask.

"That one." Tom points to the smaller box.

I unwrap the purple glittery wrapping paper and open the small box. A Pandora charm bracelet lays inside, four charms snuggly sits on the bracelet too; a Cinderella carriage, my birthstone in a heart, a birthday card charm that opens up and a Mickey Mouse head, all surround the bracelet.

"Wow," I sigh, taking it out the box carefully. Flynn scoots closer, clipping the bracelet onto my wrist.

"It's a perfect fit!" I say, twisting my wrist from left to right to look at the charms. "Thank you!" I go to hug them but Tom puts his hand up as if to stop me.