Ch. 19

,

Annabeth POV

That weekend ended quicker than I  anticipated, we were kissing on the couch that Sunday afternoon, when Annabeth got a text from her dad, saying he had to come home because there was a tsunami threat and he brought my stepmother and my brothers back. She was my second stepmother, the other was a spy, but they didn't live in the apartment, they lived in a much bigger one for some odd reason.

"Percy, he'll be here in hours, but I need to clean the place." She begged him to get off, so her father wouldn't find out about Percy, he had forbidden her to like boys since Adrian Shihe. He would pound Percy. She didn't want that to happen to her brand new boyfriend

After he left, she cleaned the whole house and her father texted, saying he would be home by eight at night. She had four hours. Percy was at the hospital with his family, which he would be out tonight, she looked at Percy on her phone, pictures of him. He was smiling into the camera. I missed him already, he had kinda helped me stand up to Drew and I had no idea then, that he would become a huge part of my senior year. I looked down at the long white scars on my forearms, and on my hands, marks of where I tried something, yet failed and now, I wished I  had never tried to kill myself. 

Yes, that's right. I tried to kill myself. It was a long time ago, freshman year when Luke broke up with me and Drew started to abuse me. Luke, then was almost in college and I thought he had loved me, he didn't and he never had, he found out he did, when he was on the plane to Asia, for college and I hadn't talked to him since. My heart had split into two for weeks, finally, I got over him, by calling him on the phone and telling him what an ass he was. 

I fell asleep on the couch thinking about it all when my father opened the door and walked in. 

"Annabeth?" He whispered and I boiled upright and jumped up off the couch and gave him a huge hug. 

"Hey kiddo, how's it been?" he asked as he pulled away and smiled. 

"Fine, made some new friends." I smiled and he turned curious. 

"Not BOYFRIENDS?" He asked and didn't smile. 

"No, dad." I lied and he didn't see it. I smiled and was too tired and collapsed on my bed, still in my clothes from earlier that day. 

The next morning rumors where flying as to why Percy wasn't at school that day. I smiled as all the girls were freaking out, saying that today they would goad him into asking them into the dance, which was on Friday. 

"Hey, Percy says his mum and dad were hurt? Is that true?" Leo asked, his elfish face full of concern for the Jacksons. The whole crew knew now because they were standing in a group, by the cafeteria. 

During school, Piper pulled me aside. Her face was full of questions. 

"What happened this weekend, other than Percy spending the night at your place?" She asked, I had been smiling profoundly all day, so happy I was with Percy and that I had a boyfriend and Drew hadn't stolen him under my nose as I crushed on him hard and he didn't face me ever again, because Drew would force him not to. 

"My dad came back." I summed up, not telling her the whole truth because I wanted me and Percy to tell everyone together. Maybe even make it surprise at the dance. 

"Oh, that's nice." She said, disappointed, probably hoping that I and Sea Weed Brain had gotten together, which we had. I walked off down the hall and sliding into the juniors hall, by accident and bumped into a teacher. Mrs. Gottschalk, from Westover Hall, Maine. She had a wispy mustache and was an odd teacher but taught the JORTC program for kids who wanted to join the military. 

"Oh, Annabeth, I'm glad I ran into you." Mrs. Gottschalk smiled. Why was she glad? 

"I have a new student coming in tomorrow, I believe it's your friend, Mr. Jacksons, cousin, Nico Di Angelo." She explained. A new kid? Cool. 

"I'll welcome him, Mrs. Gottschalk." I smiled and she smiled back, telling me I was a good student. I didn't know Percy had a cousin his age, maybe on his father's or mother's side. Probably fathers, because his mother didn't have any siblings. 

The rest of the day was again chaos, people kept asking where Percy was, which only the crew knew and we all knew better than to tell even the teachers. 

"Annabeth, Nico is coming!" Jason cheered! I forgot, that Jason and Percy were cousins by their fathers, it was kind of funny they were all related and really cool kids. 

After school Jason, like Piper pulled me aside, his face full of worry. 

"Annabeth I need your help." He begged and I looked at his electric blue eyes, he used to be scared of me like Leo used to. Now he wasn't, Leo was still terrified of what Annabeth might do to him. 

"What do you need Jason?" I asked, calmly. 

"I need advice on how to ask out a girl." He said nervously. 

"What kind of advice?" I asked and he looked about to explode with worry. 

"I don't want to be all like a jock and force her, you know." he rubbed the back of his neck and I smiled, I knew who he was going to ask. 

"Piper likes guys who are sweet and caring but a bit rebellious, she doesn't want guys to control her and she likes to be flattered, not in public." I smiled and he relaxed. 

"That helps a tone, thanks." he started to walk off when he stopped. 

"How did you know it was Piper?" He asked, his face confused. 

"A girl knows, see you, Jason." I shrugged and was getting a ride from Frank, who was going to Percy's place to help him with his algebra homework. 

Hours later at home, I was thickly bored and fell asleep that night, thinking about the dance and what dress I would wear. Maybe, just maybe, I could kick Drew down, walking in, with Percy at my side.