22. A 20-Year Promise

"Al... What are you doing?" Louis asked as he peered his head into his daughter's room to see her throwing clothes out of her closet.

"Hayden comes home tomorrow and I need to find the perfect outfit!" She whined.

"Okay then crazy." Louis said.

He rolled his eyes and continued his way downstairs with Charlie in his arms to find Harry.

"Hey love are you leaving now?" Harry asked as he saw Louis come into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I was just coming down to give you Charlie."

Harry grabbed Charlie from Louis' arms and kissed her sweetly before looking back at Louis. "You'll be back in about an hour or so?" He asked.

"Should be."

"Okay then I'll see you in a little bit." Harry said happily before he dipped his head and kissed Louis gently.

Once Harry released Louis he backed away and headed for the foyer with his keys in hand. Once Louis had his shoes and coat on he headed to his SUV and hopped in the drivers seat, making the quick drive to the airport. Louis sang along to the radio and bobbed his head as he drove, making the ride somewhat enjoyable. When he got to the airport he parked the car and he walked into the large building and made his way to the baggage claim.

"Are you looking for something sir?"

Louis turned around to come face to face with an airport security guard.

"No I'm-"

"Louis Tomlinson." The guard said with a small smile on his face.

"Yeah I am. But I'm actually just-"

"Do you remember me?" The guard asked interrupting Louis again.

"Should I?" Louis asked confused.

"I'm Tim... Remember from like ten years ago." Tim said as the smile on his face grew.

"Holy shit, why do you still work here?!" Louis asked as he recognized the guard that felt him up. "Wait, don't answer that just don't come near me."

Tim laughed quietly to himself before raising his left hand. "Don't worry I got married, and I have kids." He said showing his wedding band.

"Oh, well good for you." Louis said nodding at him.

"Thanks." Tim said happily. "You picking up or husband or something?"

"No, I'm actually getting-"

"Louis!!"

Louis turned around and saw a wide smiling Hayden walking towards him. Louis smiled to himself before walking towards the younger lad. He opened his arms and Hayden immediately went into them, hugging Louis tightly.

"God, I missed you guys so much!" Hayden said as he released the older lad.

"We missed you too mate! One person in particular." Louis said as he sent Hayden a wink.

"I know I missed Al like crazy, you have no idea." He gushed out.

"I was talking about me!" Louis said in fake hurt as he grabbed Hayden's suitcase.

Hayden laughed lightly to himself as he and Louis began to walk towards the exit. "I missed you too." He said quietly. "Who was that guard you were talking to?"

Louis chuckled lowly before shifting the suitcase in his hand. "Apparently the guard that felt me up 13 years ago still works here."

"And that was him?!" Hayden asked shocked.