Chapter 40

"Stay away from that machine", I said to the doctor. His eyes were wide.

"It's not possible", he said shaking his head,"she was as good as dead."

"It's a miracle", Fauna said as I just squeezed Dy's hand. Everyone just seemed shocked that she was with us.

"Dilan", I said smiling at her. She just looked at me.

"Where........ where is Justin?", she asked. Her voice was as quiet as I have ever heard it. Everyone looked at the ground. I just looked right at her.

"Justin's......dead", I said as he eyes widened.

"Oh yeah..... I guess I forgot that", she said as she turned her head to the doctor,"do you mind leaving. Since I am clearly alive, I would enjoy to spend some time with my friends alone." He just walked out shaking his head.

"Dy..... how do you feel?", Carlos said. She nodded.

"It's a little fuzzy, and my head really hurts. But it'll get better", she said sendingvme a smile. Her hand slowly slipped out of mine.

"You sure you're okay?", I asked. She slowly shrugged,"hey do you guys mind giving us a few minuets?" Everyone nodded and quickly exited. She looked at me.

"Kendall.....", she started.

"You didn't have to do that", I said. She rolled her eyes.

"I'd rather have me gone then you. You have the band, your family, a real..... a real future", she said.

"But all of that would be worth nothing unless you were next to me", I said taking her hand. She looked out the window then back at me.

"You sound like you care so much", she said.

"It's because I do", I said.

"Then you would have let me explain. I'm sorry, but have you ever thought that this might not have happened if you had just let me explain?", she said trying to sit up. She put her hand to her head almost instantly.

"Please Dy,lay down. You're not healthy enough to do that stuff yet", I said as she nodded,"I know I should have let you explain. I was worried and frustrated. I was...... I was afraid Justin was going to steal you away from me Dilan." She looked at me with wide eyes. Or atleast as wide as she could get her eyes since her face was still swelled up. She shook her head.

"Kendall, no one would have taken me away from you. No one except yourself. Kendall, how can I know that I can trust you now?", she said, her eyes trying not to fool with tears.

"Mrs. Trigen?", someone said from the doorway. I wiped her eyes.

"We'll keep talking later", she said as I nodded. She turned to the door as Griffin, Gustavo, and Kelly walked in. Dilan tried to sit up the best she could. Griffin sat next to her as I stood on the other side.

"How are you feeling Dilan?", Kelly asked.

"I'm doing pretty good. My face doesn't hurt, I can sort of feel my arm, and I think I could walk if I tried", she said. Griffin looked at her, meaning business.

"Yes, but can you perform?", he said,"I need our opening act. And if you can't move around the stage....."

"I promise you that I will be fine. If something happens, Kendall and I will do a couple acoustic songs", she said. Then she just looked at me as the nurse randomly walked into the room. No hello or anything, some people can be so rude.

"When do you think she'll be able to leave?", Kelly asked finally getting the attention of the nurse. Dy seemed to sit up a bit straighter.

"The doctor says that she can go home tomorrow if she feels up to it. Her wounds still need help, and she will need therapy. But they think she can go home", she said. I saw a smile come to Dy's face.