Chapter 28: Please

Start from the beginning

"Keep your hands off me." She ordered, her voice sharp this time when she spoke.

"And if I don't?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow suggestively.

"I may be small but I will hurt you." She warned.

"Oh really?"

"Yes really."

"With what? Your firsts? Not likely, kitten."

"I'm a world-renowned psychotherapist. I don't need violence to mess you up!" She smirked.

"Are you gonna play a mind game on me?" He teased.

"Precisely." She nodded once.

"You're adorable." He laughed, placing a kiss on her nose which made her flinch.

"Whatever, now get off of me." She huffed, pushing on his chest.

"But I didn't get my kiss-"

"Enough with the bloody kiss! You're not getting it, now let go!" She groaned.

"But we had a deal!"

"Screw your dumb deal since when have you ever held up a bargain with me? Not once during our sessions! Hell, you went as far as to kidnap me! So drop the deal already." She yelled.

"Hey hey hey, keep it down. There's a baby two feet away from us, remember?" He whispered, leaning closer to her face as he spoke.

"Like you actually care about Rochelle hearing us!" She laughed dryly. "You just don't like it when I tell you to be a decent human being."

"That's not true. I love Rochelle." He gasped.

"Lies."

"I'm her uncle, remember?"

"And that's supposed to make you a saint?"

"Yes."

"You're unbelievable!" She sighed in exasperation before finally wrenching herself from his grasp. He reached out for her again but she swatted his hands away and held up her hand.

"Don't you dare."

"Please?" He whined.

"No!"

"One tiny kiss? It can be on the cheek too! Please?" He continued

"I said no! What part of that don't you understand?" She shrieked.

"Fine, then I'll lock Baloo in the basement." He shrugged, turning to walk away.

"That's just uncalled for."

"You won't hold up to your end of the deal. I'm only doing what is necessary." He retorted.

"By locking your own dog in a basement? That's cruel and vile." She scoffed. "Although, what did I expect from Terrence Vendetta!"

"Don't say it like that." He snapped.

"Say what like how?" She challenged.

"My name. I'm Terrence, just Terrence." He answered.

"No you're not, you're Terrence Vendetta the serial killer slash gang leader slash bank robber slash terrorist slash drug dealer slash kidnapping human trafficker. Heck, you're not even Terrence Vendetta. You're Terrenco Venetta from Oregon!" She ranted.

"That's not what I meant but okay."

"Then what did you mean?"

"I just meant can you drop the technical shit for one day and try and see me as a real person rather than the devil reincarnate!" He yelled.