Sick

I headed over to Deku's place the next morning. My father had sent a driver to drop him off shortly after he woke up, not bothering to explain anything. I think he deserves to know what happened.

My stomach was churning as I slumped up the stairs to his apartment building. I took a deep breath and tapped my knuckles against the wood door.

"I'll get it!"

I tapped my foot as I waited for the door to be opened. Deku appeared in the doorway, and his smile faded. "Oh... Kacchan. What're you doing here?"

"I came to apologize, or whatever. And explain a little.. I'm sure you have questions."

"Not really.." He lightly shook his head.

"What?" I stared into his eyes and he was confident. "How could you.. not have questions."

He sighed. "Because I've known you for a long time. I'm sure it's something your dad made you do, and I'm smart enough to figure out the rest."

"Oh.... Well,.. I'm sorry. You'll probably have to transfer out of the hero course now.."

"Come in.." He stepped aside and started down the hall. I closed the door and followed after him. He led me to his room and sat on his bed after closing the door.

"Are you mad...?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No, I just didn't want my mom to overhear our conversation. ....I still have my quirk." He caughed after he said that.

"That's not possible.."

He sighed again with a light laugh. "I do have my quirk and I'm pretty sure I know why." He paused for a minute, then looked me in the eyes. "My quirk is meant to be passed to other people. 'One for all'."

"I... don't understand.."

He caughed into his elbow then got some water off his desk. "You don't really have to." He sipped the water. "It was given to me and I was meant to give it to someone else eventually..."

"That's what you tried to tell me after the sports festival wasn't it.."

He nodded and chuckled a bit. "Heh, if you wanted my quirk, you could've just eaten some hair though.." He started coughing a bunch into his elbow.

"What're you talking abou-Are you ok.."

He took another sip of water. "Yeah, just have a sore throat." His voice became slightly hoarse.

There was a nock at the door before it crept open. "Are you boys hungry? I was about to start lunch." His mom poked her head around the corner.

"I could eat.." I smiled towards her.

"Yea, I'm starving." He said before coughing again.

--

I left his house after eating and talking with them for a while. I'm not sure how he figured it out, or was able to stay so calm about it, but I'm kinda glad that he wasn't upset. And I was able to sleep better, knowing he would be okay..

The next day went as the weekends usually did for me. I had to do training with my dad, learning how to use his quirk. I ended up breaking every finger at least twice, and continued to heal them throughout the day.

That didn't stop my hand from being sore at school the next day though. But that was barely on my mind as Deku hadn't shown up, I noticed the moment I got to class because he was always early and wasn't in his seat already. No one else seemed to think much of it though.

Memories flashed back to the first day kirishima was missing, I wished I had thought more about his absence back then. My father wouldn't have done anything, would he? He tends to be overly cautious when he thinks our secret is at risk...

I was wracking my brain all day, wondering if I should be worried, searching for him, or just brush it off.

As I got home and put my stuff down, I gave him a call.

Ringing..

Ringing..

Your call has been forwarded to an aut-

"Fuck..!" I took a deep breath as I hung up, ok, now I'm starting to worry..

--

"Deku! Where were you yesterday?" I heard pink cheeks say as I was turning into the classroom.

He gave a light cracking laugh. "Sorry, I had to go to the doctor.. I'm pretty sick but they said its not contagious so I could come back to school." You could hear it in his strained, gravely voice. He was just sick, but it gave me some releif, knowing he was still alive and accounted for.

"Oh, do you want soe water, your voice sounds terrible.. No offence." She looked at him with sad eyes.

"Hey, Bakugou.." I turned around and saw Kirishima with a frown as he rubed the back if his neck, his eyes focused on the floor. "Can we talk for a minute..?"

I nodded and we headed just outside of the classroom. "What's up....?" I leaned my back against the wall.

"Are you.. mad,.... because of what happened the other day...?"

"No.. Why would you think that...?"

He paused for a while.. ".....It just feels like it.. You've been a little.. off the past few days.."

I sighed, furrowing my eyebrows and looking down. "..was it that obvious...? It wasn't because of you though."

"Not really ....what's been going on, you've barely even talked to me.."

I glanced down the hall, making sure no-one would overhear, "I had to take deku's quirk.." I said quietly.

"Wait-what?!"

"Sshh.. Calm down, he's alright...."

He stared at me for a minute. (Muffled coughing inside the room.) "...Are you sure he's gonna be ok..? He's sick right now, I hope that it's just be a coincidence."

My head snapped up as my eyes widened. Our attention was grabbed as we heard frantic shouts inside and barking coughs getting louder and more forced out. We quickly turned back into the room to see Deku hunched over holding onto a desk and his hand on his throat. His face was red as if it were hard to breath, as tears welled in his eyes. Our classmates stood around, asking if he was ok and what they should do. His coughing fit slowly subsided, and he took a deep, shaky breath.

"Midoriya, are you sure you're okay?" Pink cheeks asked worriedly.

"You should go to the nurse." Sonic said promptly.

"I agree, you should see recovery girl." Icy-hot nodded.

He shook his head, still holding his throat. "I've already been to the doctor, he said it'll pass over time." He smiled.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I walked over to deku and the rest of the class continued telling him to see the nurse.

I used Lau Ming's quirk for the first time in years. Condition Examination is what it's called. Pretty self explanatory. I put my hand on his wrist and closed my eyes, focusing the power. I ripped my hand away as I saw what was really happening and my eyes snapped open, gaining a few confused looks from the students around us.

A tear fell silently down my cheek.

[Oof a cliffhanger. I feel like I should say what all of Bakugou's quirks are. (Probably should have earlier but whatever.)

Who he got it from - quirk
Makayla Perkins- mind reading
Jason Wolfhart- astroprojection
Sang Chul- paralyzing
Nathan Lorance- rewinding time/time skips through portal thingys
Daniel Park- healing
Lau Ming- Condition examination
Neito Monoma- copycat
Izuku Midoriya- one for all

And of course explosions.

So yea, he has a lot of quirks...]