September Flash Fiction Contest--Closed

*Note: this contest has now ended*

Welcome to the September Unseen Flash Fiction Contest page!

I'm so pleased you've decided to check out this competition and hope that you will consider participating.  If you have any questions about the contest, just ask!

Please make sure you have reviewed the CONTEST RULES chapter so that you understand how this contest works.  As a recap, below you will receive a writing prompt. Write a brief story (2000 characters or less, which equals about 350 words) based on this prompt and send it to me in a PM by September 15th.  Your entire story should fit in one Private Message.  Please also comment on this chapter with the name of your story so that I can verify that I've accounted for all of September's entries.

A guest judge will score the entries and determine the top stories.  A grand prize winner and up to three runners-up will be announced sometime during the last half of September.

Note: The Fold series is written in third person present tense.  While you are welcome to stick to this style, do not feel obligated to do so.  Write in past or present tense, first, second or third person—whatever strikes you as the best way to present your story.  Find your own voice and have fun!

SEPTEMBER PROMPT:

Nolan had been living at the hotel for weeks and weeks before the morning in which he sees Clara for the first time.  During these weeks, Clara quietly observes him.  Write about an occasion (or maybe more than one) in which she is "spying" on him without him knowing it. 

Questions to ask yourself: Does Clara start off seeing him as just another breather, or is there something different about him right from the beginning?  Does Nolan have any awareness of her presence (remembering that he can't see her yet, of course) or is he completely oblivious?

 Your story can be written in Clara's POV or Nolan's or both.  There are a lot of possibilities and I can't wait to see what you come up with. 

 ***Remember to stay within the length limit of 2000 characters.  If you send me a story that goes over this limit, I will let you know about how many words you have to edit out to stay within the limit.  Good luck!