Why are you here again?: The Beginning of Things

Is this really happening?

It was a rather hot afternoon outside with the sun holding onto itself for so long at night that ever since the sunrise it's bursted it's light across the sky and into the village with no sign of the day cooling off soon. You were in your bedroom counting your coins from your pouch, wondering if you could save enough to go the upcoming festival. You weren't the poorest person ever, but you really weren't the richest either. You rose your head slightly to the sound of horses and carriages and what seemed like... an argument. The argument consisted of one main word: books. A teenage sounding boy was raising his voice, though it sounded like he tried to keep himself calm. Another voice, calm and carefree, sounding like it belonged to a young man. 

As you walked towards the window in your bedroom, still more focused on counting your coins but wanting to see were the noise was coming from, you found the argument was a little down the street. Though it was quite loud from the crowds and the rich trying to get around town it was somewhat obvious that the calm voice belonged to the young looking man with green hair you saw which left the loud voice to a teenage boy behind a stand who was selling books, which led you to knowing who the voices belong to. 

As you eavesdropped you learned the argument was based on two opinions; how the boy behind the stand found books useless and a waste of time, while the green haired man thought they were precious things. The man ended the conversation with a simple and lighthearted "Have a nice day." and was on his way. You weren't a geek for books but you found the green haired mans argument agreeable. You did understand though that it was a teenage boy after all, so it wasn't quite surprising he disliked books. 

Counting your money and listening to the conversation inspired you. Books really were a way of gaining knowledge quickly or maybe even a new perspective of something or the world. 

Closing the door to your bedroom, you ran downstairs, out of your small cottage and down the street to the market where you found the boy and the books. Being shy was a huge thing of you, considering you rarely conversed with people like you used to. You forced on a fake smile and walked up to the stand;

"Good afternoon." You said with a forced joyful voice.

The boy looked up at you with an annoyed look and rolled his eyes.

"You gonna buy the books or not? If not I'm not looking for window shoppers."

Those words through off your fake side off and you gave your normal expression. Looking through the books you began to wonder why the boy even worked here if he doesn't like books the way he does.

"Your parents run this shop?" You asked.

He cocked up on eyebrow.

"If you call not being here and forcing your son to work for you then take all the money he earns, then yes." He said with obvious attitude.

At this point you became quite frustrated with the boy. 'Your feelings are getting to you' you thought 'ignore him and just get the books'. You looked through the stack of books and found yourself gravitating to the books full of the history before the Seven Deadly Sins did what they did. This frustrated you even more considering you never believed the lies people put on the Sins in the first place. After gathering a total of five books, which surprised you, hope filled your mind as you knew you couldn't possibly afford all five. 

1st Person POV

'There's no way I can afford all of this..' I thought. You looked down at the ground and thought of which ones to give up.

"Come on lady, Do you want the stuff or not? I may got all day but I ain't wastin' it on someone like you." The boy said.

I had enough.

"You think you can just talk to people how you want because they're buying your books? I'm not kissing your rude self or anything I just want the stuff you have, excluding all the nasty attitude and rudeness from you. Let me ask you something; Do you want my money or not?" I almost yelled at the rude boy.

From the corner of my eye I noticed a lady turning her attention to me and then so did the tall man walking beside her. I could even see something green swishing around but I knew the young man had to be long gone. As the market threw more attention as us, bitterness filled the boys eyes. 'How rude' one of the woman I saw earlier whispered. 'For a boy like him he should keep quiet and take what he's given.' the tall man remarked. For a second the boy kept the stern face and then his lower lip trembled and he almost shouted;

"JUST TAKE THE BOOKS!"

 The boy grabbed whatever books he could hold in his frail arms and took of running down the street to what seemed like his cottage. "Hmph." I said under my breathe and took a dose of reality. I turned around to meet the stares of people and then remembered the green swish I'd seen. 'It was around that tree.' I began to walk towards the tree to meet a tap on my shoulder. I quickly turned around to meet a pair of yellow eyes and green hair accompanied by an innocent looking face. 

"What a ruckus you started." The young man calmly said.

I let out a sigh and turned my head away from the man.

"You were arguing with him before I even arrived."

"Fair point, but still. Are books that important to you?"

I found myself questioning why I yelled over five books. By now the crowd had started to go about their business.

"Yeah. I think their important to everyone actually."

The man's face relaxed.

"What's your name?"

"Y/N" I said deciding I trusted the man.

"Yours?" You asked

"If I told you you might sell me out."

He then held out his hand, looked me in the eyes and said;

"Come with me, Y/N, and let me show you what I think about books."

  ♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-

Chapter Summary

In this chapter Y/N (the reader) overhears an argument about books. Feeling inspired by the argument that books are important and can give a new look on life she goes down to the market and buys a couple of books, which turns into somewhat a ruckus. After she sees a hint of the man arguing the fact that books are important she's met with a tap on the shoulder, which reveals that man. When asked if Y/N can follow him she does. What will happen next? Stay tuned and on alert <3 Updates to this fanfic will be almost, if not, everyday!

    ♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-♡-♥-  

REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I love this so much<3!!! Thank you everyone whose came to stop by and read my FIRST FANFICTION! If you like this so far please let me know in the comments, if you want to give me advice, or just of course any comment! Any show of support will be appreciated and I'll try to reply to any comments I see. Btw sorry for all the typos, I really wanted to get this out. Thank you again! <3

-Gowther_IsBae