Chapter 5

I'm so sorry it's been forever but a lot has happened in my life and I just haven't had time... Been up and down pretty much all summer but hopefully I'll get into the swing of this again :D Sorry for any mistakes, my laptop likes to remove spaces.

----------------------------------------

Eve and Kirk eventually met up with the rest of the family after the coffee. There was a small pub nearby which Ceri thought looked good enough to eat at so they all followed her lead and settled down. 

Despite Paul not wanting to be an annoying third wheel, he still took great pleasure in sitting right in the middle of Eve and Kirk, causing Eve to roll her eyes and Kirk to pull a face. He looked so pleased with himself until he realised that sitting in the middle of two playful teens was going to have consequences. 

Throughout the meal, Paul was prodded and poked by Kirk, even whilst Kirk was eating. It was quite a skill to be able to sit perfectly normal and still bug Paul at the same time. It got to the point where Paul was getting so frustrated that, after the first course, he got up to go the toilet, came back and, instead of sliding back into his usual seat, he pushed Kirk towards Eve and slid on the end of the table away from the couple. 

Sniggering behind her hand, Eve carried on eating her food, though it was incredibly hard to concentrate when Kirk was pulling faces. She didn't even want to see the reactions of her parents. No doubt they'd disapprove of Kirk's playful nature and the way they were sniggering together. 

Once finished, Kirk and Eve trotted behind her family so that they could talk in peace. Kirk wasn't in the mood for talking, though. Instead, he pulled out his phone and started snapping loads of pictures of the area and Eve's face...really close up.

She shoved her hand on the phone after about the tenth picture and shook her head. "Stop it! You're taking them when I'm not ready! I'm going to look so ugly."

"You look beautiful darling. Now, pose." He turned his phone to the side and Eve pulled a tongue at him. "Don't go all Miley Cyrus on me! Pose! You can do it!" He bit his lip and scrunched his eyes up as he focussed and Eve laughed before giving him a beaming smile. "Awesome!"

"Come on, idiot. We have to catch up."

"We have plenty of time. We haven't got anything planned besides the tours anyway!"

Eve rolled her eyes. "We're watching a show remember?"

Kirk sighed and put his phone away before nudging her shoulder. "Can we go in the pool too?"

"No!"

"Aw come on, fat ass."

She poked his nose. "Just for that comment, definitely not."

He shrugged his shoulders and swung his hands innocently. "You do know that you're going in it fully clothed or not at some point on this holiday."

"Why don't you pick on the other girls in the house? Ask Jolene."

Kirk slowed down and tilted his head to the side so that he could study his friend. "Do I see a hint of jealousy?"

"What?!" Eve shook her head and rolled her eyes quickly. "That's ridiculous. There's nothing to be jealous of."

Kirk threw his arm over her shoulder and winked, bashing her hip with his own. "Baby, don't worry, you'll still be my one and only."

"Get lost." She pushed him off and he laughed, wrapping his arm around her arms. 

"Is this better, baby?"

"Stop calling me baby. You're the baby."

"I'm your baby."