II. - Prince Gregory

Gadleigh CastleElizabeth

Gadleigh Castle
Elizabeth

Instead of heading down the staircase into the foyer, Elizabeth followed another hallway towards the balcony that overlooked the great hall, which had been repurposed into a ballroom for the night. Outside the doors, she came across King Edgar, Queen Loretta, Matthias and his fiance Princess Isabella. 

King Edgar and Queen Loretta were talking among themselves, Liz noticed the tight lines around her mother's eyes, the only sign that gave away how stressed she was at the night's events. Liz looked at Isabella, noticing her brother's arm around her waist and the way she leaned towards him. Isabella was wearing an emerald green gown, her gorgeous, dirty blonde hair falling in ringlets past her shoulders.

Liz walked over to Isabella and greeted her with a quick kiss on the cheek, "Isabella, you look absolutely stunning."

"I could say the same about you Liz," Isabella smiled up at her.

"Ahh, King and Queen Wellington, Prince Gregory, I'm so glad you could make it," King Edgar turned, greeting his guests whom Liz heard approaching her from behind.

Liz allowed herself to groan internally before putting a smile on her face and turning around.

She curtseyed before King and Queen Wellington, although they did not acknowledge her, they were already engrossed in conversation with her mother and father. Elizabeth tuned their conversation out and studied Prince Gregory while he was listening to the kingdom rulers discuss business.

Prince Gregory had light blonde hair which he wore shoulder length. It was tied at the nape of his neck with a leather string. His face was lean and pale, he wasn't necessarily tall, but he was lanky. There was no denying there was a certain level of attractiveness in his appearance.

Suddenly, Gregory's light brown eyes glanced to his left and made contact with hers. Startled at being caught staring, Liz quickly looked down at her feet and started to turn towards her brother, but it was too late.

"Princess Elizabeth," Gregory side-stepped towards Liz with a smirk on his face. "It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance once again."

Gregory reached for her hand and after a brief moment of thinking about pulling it away, she extended it to him. She had to push back a shudder when he bent his head down and pressed his lips to the back of her hand, "Yes Prince Gregory, I'm glad yourself and your family made the trip safely."

It's a shame your ship didn't get lost at sea.

Elizabeth averted her eyes, suddenly afraid Gregory could see what she was thinking.

"It was quite the long journey, but just being in your presence has made the trip completely worth any risks," the smile Prince Gregory gave her didn't seem to quite reach his eyes and Liz realized his pleasantries were a show in case either of their parents were listening.