Chapter Nine

Luna's POV:

Luna's POV:

The birthday party is officially over. Everyone has gone home. Except Liam. He is talking to Noah. I stare at them. Noah keeps a straight face on, almost like he is bored. I decide to look away before Liam notices I am staring.

I walk over to Mila, whose sitting down on the couch. "Did you have fun Lafayette?" I kneel In front of her. "I am no longer powerful and confident Lafayette, I am now just Mila a girl whose dad doesn't care about her, and replaced her already." Tears start to form in her eyes.

I pull her into a tight hug. "Baby dad does care, he just has a hard time showing it." I pull away and wipe her tears away. I give her a sad smile. I would tell her that he hasn't replaced her, but I don't want to say something I don't know is true.

"Mommy its just, all my friends have dads, who care about them, I j-just feel left out." She starts to fidget with her fingers. "It hurts Mommy..to see all my friends making father day cards, and me just watching them." I put two fingers under her chin and lift it up. "But, you have mommy, you always will baby." I smile softly.

I look up to see Liam standing by the back door with a broken look on his face. He walks closer. "I think it's time for me to go." He smiles at Mila. Mila quickly gets up and grabs a cupcake, and a candy bag. She hands them to Liam. "Take this to your son Liam." She quietly says.

"I will, Mila." Liam smiles, and heads out the door. Closing it slowly on his way out. Noah walks in. "Mila why are you crying." He picks her up. She places her head on his shoulder. "Nothing just tired Noh." She quietly says. "Let's get you into your Pjs and into bed." He walks away with her in his arms. And up the stairs.

Maria walks into the living room. "What's wrong sweetheart?" She gives a sympathetic smile. "Mila, doesn't think her father cares about her..and it's just hard to see her suffer all over again." I sigh and rub my temples. "I understand." Maria comes over and hugs me tightly. I am tired of being strong, but I continue the act for my daughters sake....and for mine as well.

The next week:

Liam as been contacting me the whole week, but I never answer, I actually blocked him. I sigh. Funny how the tables turn. Anyways I am on my way to work, but I stopped for some coffee. I order a mocha, and wait for it patiently.

"Hey." I look up from my phone to spot a very handsome man talking to me. "Hey." I smile softly as he stares. "Umm I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are...I'm Damian by the way." He sticks his hand out and I politely shake it.

"My names Luna, Like the moon." He nods and says "cool." The barista tells me my coffee is ready. I grab it, and head back to where I was. "Do you want to sit and talk maybe?" I ask as I bite my lip nervously. It's a Really bad habit I have. I always bit my lip when Liam and I went out on our first date. "Yeah, of course." We walk to the back of the coffee shop and sit at a booth.

I take a seat."where do you work?" I ask as I put my phone in my purse. "I work at Liam's Co. " I look up at him. He works for Liam. Damn it. He is probably spying on me. "How long have you worked there?" I raise an eyebrow. "I just started a week ago." I nod. "That's great." I say.

We start to talk and we exchange numbers. I look up at the front door. And spot Liam. His eyes land on me. He starts to make his way over to us. I furrow my eyebrows. What The fuck is he doing...

Sorry this is short I've just been caught up with school and I have a lot of stress. I will publish more frequently though.

Love you guys.