Chapter Six: Officer Krupke

Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Emily are all squished on the couch, Eisa sitting on a chair beside it, refusing to squish in with the already guilty looking girls

Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Emily are all squished on the couch, Eisa sitting on a chair beside it, refusing to squish in with the already guilty looking girls. Detective Darren Wilden paces in front of the girls. 

"So let's see..." He points at Spencer first. "You thought you heard her scream?"

"I said that, yeah," Eisa snippily think to herself that Spencer already sounds like she's worthy of suspicion.

"And when you four woke up in the barn, Alison was gone, and so was Spencer."

"Yes. I woke up before them and I realized that Ali was missing, so-" Even Eisa can hear the robotic lie that Wilden cuts off sharply.

"So you went to look for her."

"That's what happened."

"I got that," he nods, clearly not believing the girls. "So what's up? Was this a slumber party, or?"

"Is this an interrogation?"

"If it was, our parents would be here, and he wouldn't be asking leading questions, which would make any information gained inadmissible," Eisa cuts in to the conversation, paying more attention to her manicure than the detective.

"Good thing it isn't. Just a routine follow-up," he stares the girls down smugly. "Why did you guys fall asleep?"

"I guess we were tired," Aria's response sounds flimsy, even to Eisa.

"Tired? Really? Is that how you remember it, Hanna?"

"Yeah."

"Look, we've told you everything that we know, just like we did when she went missing."

"I know, I know," his mock pity annoys Eisa, so much so, she's tempted to do something, but chooses not to. "You see, the thing is, it's almost exactly what you said last year."

"Like Spencer said, we've told you everything we know," Aria holds her ground, while Hanna is mysteriously uncomfortable, and Emily clearly looks guilty for lying. The girls are let to leave, but before they can get very far, Eisa gets a text from their not so favourite mystery friend.