"Um, well sir We've called to tell you that she never made it in for her appointment today. It was scheduled for this morning around nine? it's twelve now." 

A sharp twinge struck at Shota's insides. Relax, calm down, she's probably just napping still. Although, he didn't even really believe himself. 

"Alright well I'll check on that, thank you for calling." 

Shota ended the line before the woman on the other end could speak another word. Shota's hands were clammy, the sweaty chills going through him weren't stopping. He thought about calling you, waking you up. 

He was trying to convince himself that nothing was wrong, that he was just overreacting. That you simply just missed your appointment by accident. To prove himself wrong, he sent you a text. 

Everything okay?

It was simple and short, she would probably reply with a long explanation and Shota would tease you about it tonight, calling you forgetful. He hoped. 

Hizashi was waiting for him, he had taken his chair but stumbled up when he saw Shota coming. No one had moved from their places since he'd rushed out to take the call. 

"WELL?! is everything good!" Shota hoped that Hizashi was worried for nothing as well.  

He glanced at Hizashi, then his stack of papers. He wanted to groan, more work for tonight which meant no patrolling. 

"Should be," Shota replied with a quick tone. The bell sounded signaling lunch was over, he had class again. Even worse, Hizashi would be helping. 

Each child filed into the open courtyard, ready to train. Shota stood there, glancing at his phone one last time to see if (Name) had replied. She hadn't. He felt noxious now, but took deep breaths. 

Good thing that it was class 1-A and not some newbies, they knew the criteria. He didn't have to threaten to expel them again. Hizashi was bouncing on his toes, excited for the lesson. So were the students, although a few looked like they would be elsewhere. Shota knew the feeling. 

"Today we will be training with each other. Student against student, you may not pick your partners. This won't be an easy exercise because I chose to pair you with people that your quirk will not benefit. It will be harder, no-" 

His teaching his cut off, his eyes cut to his pocket. His phone vibrated over and over in his pocket, the sensation going down his leg. He exhaled, perfect timing for (Name) to reply, when he was in the middle of a lesson. 

Shota motioned for Hizashi to continue the explanation, knowing that he will have to explain it once more anyway. Hizashi would most likely get it wrong. 

Shota pulled his phone from his pocket but frowned. Nemuri Kayama's face lit up his screen. She was on patrol so why was she calling him. She knew he had a class right now. He rolled his eyes and answered anyway, she wouldn't have stopped calling otherwise. 

"Yes Midnight? You know I'm teachi-" 

The background noises cut him off, there were sirens, he could hear those clearly, and voices. 

"Hello? Nem-"

"Shota!" 

Her voice almost sounded alarmed, but he heard her clear her throat and breath deeps long breaths.

"Um, Aizawa, I need you to come to your house."

Shota noted that she didn't sound like herself, she was trying to calm herself down, he could tell. She sounded pissed and also sad. Shota couldn't guess as to why, they were trained as heroes to not get overwhelmed in a situation. To remain calm. 

Shota sighed, "Why, I'm teaching a class. I hear sirens so it sounds like you have it, and Mic is helping me teach a lesson." 

He could hear Nemuri let out an angry sigh, "Listen, you need to come home right now. I can't tell you this over the phone Aizawa." 

He was trying not to be irritated, maybe it was important.

"Fine."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a lot of going back and forth, Shota finally convinced Hizashi to stay and teach his class while he went home. The two argued and delayed Shota, Hizashi was insistent on coming with him. 

He walked briskly towards the shared home. On the way over he had told himself that Nemuri was contacting him for something stupid, or a fight only he could help with. But the further he got from the school, the more that he felt as if it had to do with (Name). 

On entry he didn't want to look at the scene. He didn't want to look at Nemuri's pitying face, or the yellow police tape around his home. The bashed open door, the mess inside. Or the army of police cars around. 

When he walked up he hadn't had a chance to say anything, not that he hadn't already known. Nemuri was beating herself up. 

"I was just coming by to bring her lunch! I remembered you saying she was home today, so I thought she'd be hungry! I shouldn't have stayed for that waiters number Shota I'm sorry!"

He wanted to blame her, of course she had gotten caught up with herself and her flirting. But he couldn't. He really blamed himself. He had been waiting for a text when he should have just called. I should have called.

The police standing around were staring, he could feel their gazes. Nemuri continued to apologize and said that she had already informed the Chief of police and principle Nezu. 

Shota entered his bashed home. It was wrecked. The table lamps were smashed, there were scrape marks on the wall, the couch was overturned. He walked into the kitchen and saw that the carton you had this morning was on the floor, the ice cream had long melted on the tile. 

There were little frozen patches of ice on the wall leading away from their bedroom. The frames on them were frozen, some on the floor, broken. 

He had made it to the bedroom, the pillows were across the room, the dresser turned on its side. The bed was away from the wall, there were frozen crystals on that too. You had used your quirk. His wife wasn't a weak woman, (Name) knew how to fight and protect herself he made sure of that. 

But Shota noted the slight scorch marks and little baby blue flames that were singed into the floor, some of them still sizzling out. He clenched and unclenched his fists, his eyes were stinging. They had used someone who could nullify your quirk, those bastards. 

This had to be planned. Someone took his wife. 

**Alrighty! here is the second part to this mini series! there will be so much angst in this book heehee. Enjoy!**