28

"Happy birthday to you , happy birthday to you , happy birthday dear Zoe , happy birthday to you ." My mum and nick sing out of tone , causing me to giggle .

I look over to see Leo leaning against my door frame, still in his pajamas. He flashes me a smile .

"Breakfast is downstairs ,sweetie. Come down when your ready ." My mum says kissing my forehead. I nod my head and everyone leaves my room .

Sixteen,wow . I still feel five years old .

I get up from my bed and tie my hair into a messy bun . Once doing that , I decide to change into warmer clothes. I grab a pair of sweatpants and hoodie and put those on .

My phone goes off and I rush over to my bed.

Loads of text messages pop up and I smile .

From Kate xX :
>> happy birthday best friend in the whole world ! <3

From Corey:
>> happy birthday Zoe , finally 16 make it a good one . Oh wait , imma be at the party so of course it's gonna be a good one. ;)

From Winona :
>> happy bday hickey girl

From Drew ♡♡ :
>> I MISS YOU SO MUCH !!! happy birthday girl , make sure to get a chocolate cake because I hate vanilla.

"Right because your gonna be here ." I mutter and giggle .

From Leo <3 :
>> Happy birthday babe

From Leo <3 :
>> also could you hurry downstairs, I'm hungry and your mum won't let us eat until you get here:(

-

I make my way downstairs. Leo hears me coming down the stairs and looks back at me from the couch.

"Finally." He says so dramatically, getting up from the couch and walking over to the table.

"Don't mind him , kiddo." Nick says , bringing me in for a side hug . I smile up at him and walk over to the table , sitting next to leo .

My mum sets down plates of pancakes with syrup . I drool due to the food in front of me .

I begin to eat my pancake when I hear a sniffling sound . I look up to see my mum crying .

"What's wrong ?" I ask her . Nick puts his arm around her shoulder as she wipes away her tears .

"I just cant believe my little girl is sixteen." She says , crying even more. I look to Leo and he's laughing , trying to hide it by eating his pancakes.

"It's okay." I assure her. She nods her head and we continue to eat breakfast.

"Could you guys get the cake please?" My mum asks us from the living room . Leo and I both get up from the couch, as he grabs his keys from the counter.