Not until I met her, the woman I thought would change everything for me... Not until I met Rafael, the man I took as my own father, the man I trusted with my whole fucking life... But he freaking betrayed me, killed my father and tried to take over my company, Screwed Marcos's mom and made his daughter fool me... All for what? Money? Hatred?

Sometimes I ask myself what I ever did to deserve this hatred from almost everyone I had ever lost? Sometimes I ask myself where I went wrong... Was it money they all wanted from me? If it was, why didn't they just ask for it? Why did they have to pretend to like me?

If it wasn't for Piper and Diego, I would have gone to the conclusion that nobody would ever care about me truly...

But now, Rebecca had managed to crawl her way into the space I never ever wanted anyone to occupy after the final betrayal, she had managed to break every single brick I had managed to put up... I thought I was doing myself a favor by kidnapping her, hell- I thought I would finally get my freaking revenge, but it all backfired with full force...

Rebecca Lewis was different.

And that was exactly what I like about her personality... She was strong willed and determined... Her no was her no.

I know we didn't get off on the right foot, I know I did some shitty things that I would probably never ever forgive myself for, but all those things I did, all those crazy things I said, I was unconsciously using it to block out any form of feelings, I was only using it to protect myself from the hurt I was bound to face after everything.

Kidnapping Rebecca was one of my mistakes, I thought I could quench the hurt I felt whenever I thought of the betrayal. But it didn't work... It never did.

I thought I could balance all my hatred on Rebecca, but I couldn't- I didn't have it in me, I was one to soak in guilt for my mistakes, for my wrong doings- but this was one of the reasons why I tried to put up a strong and cold behavior, I was trying to stop the world from seeing the overly fragile boy beneath this cold as stone behavior.

Well, it may have worked for the world, but it sure as hell didn't work for Rebecca.

Rebecca.

I need to find her.

I need to know that she's okay.

The day I asked her to leave, I wasn't expecting her to stay, I was expecting her to go like everyone else did- I was expecting her to hate and curse me for holding her down, but she didn't leave- she stayed with me.. despite my warnings and hard glares and awful words, she stayed... She didn't leave me. And for the first time, I didn't feel alone...

But I'm sure as hell that it wouldn't last, they never ever stay, why did I ever think Rebecca would change everything... It's only a matter of time before she tries to follow her family's footsteps and leave with everything- it's only a matter of time till she decides to go.

Which I'm pretty sure was now.

She's done it already ... Left me to die alone.

Just like everyone else.

Not like I deserved her pity or anything... I wasn't exactly the best of company, I never really did anything to make her want to ever help me... So why did I expect her to be different?

Trying to take another step, the jabbing pain in my stomach sent my body straight to the ground.

"Emeliano!"

Rebecca? My eyes flew to the direction of her voice, and true enough, there she was, rushing towards me... She didn't leave?

She knelt beside me, placing my head gently on her lap as she brushed few strands of hair from my face- all I did was stare at her, it all looked so unreal...

Why didn't she leave?

She had a small cut on her left brow, and her eyes were swollen from too much, crying? She was crying? Why was she crying?

"You're so stupid! I feel like slapping you so hard right now!" She chocked out. "Why did you leave the car huh? Do you know how badly you're injured?! You scared the bejesus out of me! I thought you were freaking dead you idiot!!!" She sobbed out. "Don't you ever scare me like that! I'll freaking kill you myself if you try such a thing again! I'll strangle the life out of you myself, you hear me."

I couldn't hide the silly smile on my face as I watched her, all I could say was, "You didn't leave me."

"Are you crazy? Why would I do that?! I went to find help! I can't believe you drove right into a freaking tree!!! Couldn't you have parked into the side of the road? Were you seriously trying to kill us both?"

"I'm sorry." I heard myself say as my vision began to go blurry again. "You're hurt because of me."

"I'm okay, you on the other hand, look like you're about to die."

"I'm sorry." I repeated again.

"Stop saying sorry! It's scaring me... Just stay here, I'll try to stop a car, I seriously don't know why no one is coming through this route!" She said, trying to stand up, but I held her back down.

"No... Don't go... Don't leave me."

She went still for a moment before she finally spoke. "I just want to go find help... I'll come back."

"No you won't. Please stay."

"I'm not leaving you... I promise... You don't look so well, I need to get help before your situation worsens."

She moved to stand again, but I gripped her arm softly, trying to keep my suddenly heavy eyes from closing in on me. "Please." Was all I could say.

My words were betraying me, same went for my eyes- my body was collecting the control from my brains.

"Emeliano?" I heard Rebecca's voice, but it wasn't so clear, it felt like she was far far away. "Hey!" I felt her cold hands on my face, tapping my cheeks lightly. "Don't you dare close your eyes on me! Please keep your eyes open."

The more she talked, the more her voice sounded like echoes.

"Don't go." I felt my lips make out words and before I finally got swooped in by the darkness, I heard her voice again...

"I'm not going anywhere... I'll always be here. Just don't die on me. Just try to keep your eyes open."

But it was apparently too late...

My eyes were practically ready to welcome the insane darkness.

__

Vote and Comment:-)

This story is now exclusive to Radish and will be taken down by May 14th. This is your only chance to read it for free. This story was taken down Jan 11 2021, and though I've had 50% of readers who supported me through it, I've had 50% of haters hating the fact that I was trying to move forward in my writing career.

I'm putting it back up for this short period due to my readers who truly have no means to read it on Radish. (Please note, this is the only chance you have to read it until I decide whether to put it back up permanently or not, so take advantage of that before it gets removed again.)

Follow me here on Wattpad to stay on the loop with updates.

Follow my Instagram for more (username: therebeccayouknow)