⚫Chapter 31⚫

"There are two big rooms just for necessities. Everything you need will be in here," Mateo said as he showed us the hallway which held the two rooms. "The first one is for women and the second is for men. Nailah will show you guys inside. She should be here soon."

"I have a feeling she doesn't really like me," I whispered to Mateo.

"Ah, I see. Well, she doesn't really like anyone except for Sebastián." Yeah, I figured.

"Uh, where's Sebastian's mate?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"He hasn't found his mate yet," Mateo said. "Look there's Nailah," Mateo mentioned. "I'll catch you guys later."

"Did he just say Sebastian hasn't found his mate yet?" Neha asked me. "Yeah..." I responded. That was strange. I thought Alphas were supposed to know their mate from young or something. That made me even more curious. How old was Sebastian?

"Let's take a look inside, shall we?" Nailah said. She pushed open the doors.

"This is it. Our own little supply room."

It was big. Humongous. It was the size of a school gym but even bigger. I saw towers of towels stacked up against the walls. Closets that held lots of clothing. I saw an abundant supply of toilet paper, pads, tampons, toothbrushes, and more.

"Woah..." Indigo sighed in awe. I noticed a couple of girls were also in the room collecting supplies.

"Go ahead. There are baskets in the corner right there, just stock up on the stuff you need."

I smiled at Nailah before saying thank you. She gave me a little smile before leaving us all alone.

"This is great!" Neha shouted. The girls disappeared immediately leaving Saphira and me standing there still in awe. "Where do you think they get all this stuff from?" she asked me as we began to walk around after collecting our own baskets.

"From earth," I responded. I noticed a couple of brands that I was familiar with. They probably had a trusted pack on earth that sent them their supplies and stuff.

I walked away from Saphira moving towards the hair accessories. I noticed that a couple of girls were already there. As soon as they saw me, they immediately gave me a dirty look. "Is she the vampire?" whispered the brunette. "Yeah, I mean she smells like one," responded the chubby one.

"So, have you killed anyone before? You know, drained all the blood out of their body until they were completely lifeless? Are you not a blood-sucking monster?" the queen bee out of the five girls asked me as she took a step closer.

"No, I have not. I'm not like that," I responded sternly. I continued admiring the hair accessories trying my best to ignore the girls.

"So, you're not dangerous?" she asked. I turned my head slowly trying to understand why she was still speaking to me. "No. Why would I be dangerous?"

She laughed before opening her mouth to speak. "I don't know. You tell me."

I rolled my eyes before walking away from the girls. "Don't walk away from me. I'm not done speaking to you," I heard the girl say. As soon as I felt her hand touch my arm, I turned around fast and shoved her away from me. Her friends caught her just in time before she could even hit the ground. "Ugh!" she grunted in shock.

"Do not touch me!" I exclaimed.

"What's going on?" Saphira asked as she and my friends appeared out of nowhere.

"Your friend here is acting like a spoiled brat," she responded while giving me a glare.

"What did you just call me?" I asked feeling very angry. I felt Saphira hold me back preventing me from getting any closer to her. "What are you deaf? I thought vampires are supposed to have excellent hearing," she chuckled. "I called you a spoiled brat. You think you're special because you're the only vampire here, but you're so wrong. I mean for all we know, you're probably the one who murdered that guy this morning. Couldn't control your thirst?"

With speed, I approached her and connected my knuckle with her jaw.

"Ow!" she cried in terror as she fell down. I immediately noticed the blood squirt out of her mouth and onto the floor. I clicked my tongue against my canines as I walked towards the weak girl.

"Leilani! Stop it!" I heard my friends yell from behind me. Saphira grabbed onto my arm which caused me to turn around and push her with great force. Her back collided with a shelf that held tissue paper. I watched as she groaned in pain causing her to fall onto the ground with many tissue packages falling after her.

Indigo and Violet immediately rushed over towards my best friend as I stood there staring at her. "Saphira..." I whispered seeing my friends rush over towards her to see if she was alright.

"I was right. She is a blood-sucking monster."

"What is going on here?" Nailah shouted as she opened the doors. I looked to see a crowd of people staring at us from outside the door. I didn't even think twice. In under thirty seconds, I was out of the castle and onto the bridge. I ran until I reached the sandy walkway and threw myself onto the ground in defeat.

"This isn't me," I continuously said over and over again. This was rage. What have I done? Why couldn't I have completely ignored that girl and just walked away? If I did, I wouldn't be in this situation right now.

I remained on the ground trying my hardest not to cry. I felt frustrated. Why was she trying to piss me off in the first place?

"Leilani," I heard someone call out to me.

"Just leave me alone," I replied.

I felt someone crouch down behind and place their arm around me. I instantly shrugged them away and got up to see that it was Nathan.

"Stop! I could hurt you!" I shouted feeling my eyes water.

"No you can't," he told me calmly. He continued stepped forward. "It's ok," he said before embracing me.

"I'm too weak," I told him.

"You're not weak. My tiger isn't weak. She's passionate, daring, tough, and fearless," he whispered into my ear.

I laughed hearing those familiar words come out of his mouth. "Thanks, Natty," I responded.

"Look at me," he stated. I removed my head from his chest and stared into his brown eyes. He placed his hand on my face wiping away my tears. "You're strong. Don't let them get to your head. They're just jealous of you. Keep your head held high," he told me.

As I stared into his eyes, I realized that I didn't want to share Nathan. I wanted him all to myself. He always knew what to say to me at the exact right time. He had always been there for me. I knew that was selfish, but I couldn't help it. I cared about him too damn much.

"Leilani!" I heard someone shout from behind us. I turned around to see Elias run down the hill. Once he reached us, he growled.

I stepped away from Nathan.

"It's not what you think it is," Nathan told him. "I'm just comforting her."

"That's my job," Elias exclaimed sounding annoyed.

"Alright guys, relax," I told them both.

"Are you ok?" Elias asked as he walked towards us. "What happened?"

"I punched a girl and shoved Saphira. Oh my gosh, Saphira." I had totally forgotten about her. "Is she ok? I need to see her," I stated before rushing past the boys.