"Oh please Emeliano- why don't you stop lying to yourself! No one just abducts anyone simply because they disrespected them in public and that too, for fourteen days... I'm here for something else and I know that... So why don't you just do us a favor by letting me in on what the hell is really going on." I let out a shaky breath as I studied his expression, he had a frown etched to his brows.

"Listen Rebecca, I told you before and I'll tell you again... You're not here for something else, you're only here because you humiliated me in public and I'm using you to set an example for everyone else who dares to forget their status."

I raked my hands through my hair in frustration. I don't think he is willing to tell me anything for now.

"There's someone else in the picture Emeliano, and I'm not really buying your stupid story! I know what is going on here, you are in love with my sister, April
.. and you're just jealous because she's married to Marcos, and you want to get to her by holding me hostage. Correct me if I'm wrong."

He had this look of confusion on his face as he looked lost for words. "You're getting it all wrong."

"Oh really? Correct me."

He remained silent.

"You're using me to get to April aren't you? Why? What did she do to you? Was it because she got married to Marcos or is there something else involved?"

"You don't know what you're saying Rebecca, I'm not in love with April, why would you even think that- and so far, all you've said is bullshit! None of it is related to you being here, so stop acting like we're in some Hollywood show where there's always something behind every problem... I'm not in love with April, never was and never will be... This has nothing to do with you, so stop making yourself feel important, cause as a matter of fact, you're not."

Don't let it get to you, he's just saying this because he wants you to cry and back out. I repeated that thought over and over again.

"You're lying." I said.

"I'm not lying! You know what? I'm done with you trying to boss me around like you're the one in control... I'm the one In control! I'm the only who is supposed to have the last words here! I'm the one you should obey! I'm the one who's capable of ruining your life-"

"Like you haven't done that already." I murmured, loud enough for him to hear.

Actually, my sentence shut him up from his villain speech.

We just sat there staring at each other.

I didn't really know it would turn out this way, I mean, I really wanted him to open up to me- but what if he was right? What if I was just making assumptions? What if I wasn't really important?

But I'm not ready to give up on my theory... Just not yet.

"You don't really have to lie to me... I'll still find out, one way or another... Out of the three things that can never be hidden, The truth is one of them... I'll know soon enough- and you will be the one to tell me... You know why? It's because I won't let you rest, I won't let you have peace! I'll frustrate you until you tell me the truth-"

Emeliano scoffed. "You know, that could work, but I know what can save you from the stress of going through all that process." He bent to get a white file from his drawer and threw it in front of me.

My gaze swept to the file, then to him.

"Go on, have a look." He said, gesturing to the file.

Rolling my eyes, I picked up the file and opened it, my eyes scanned through the file and began to widen slowly as I read through the words.

"That in there, contains everything your dad owns and as you can see, all it just needs is my signature... I'm just one signature away to send your dad packing. I'm just one signature away to take all his properties. So, it's all on you- if you wanna keep asking questions and acting like you're in control of the situation... You can go on... It's a win for me and big lose for you..."

I looked up at him with a glare. "You really have no shame, do you? Using my dad's wealth as leverage."

"I'm a business man... I think and breathe deals..."

"You're a devil! Not a business man."

"One more insult from you," he grabbed the file from me. "And I'll not hesitate to put an ink to this paper."

Gritting my teeth together, I stood up and managed to put a fake smile on my face. "Fine... I won't ask questions again."

"Sounds like a plan." He smirked and dropped the file in the drawer.

"But I have a request."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, and you don't have to worry, it doesn't involve me asking you to kiss or touch me, and it also doesn't involve me asking you questions that you can't give answers to."

He cocked a brow at me. "What do you want then?"

"I would like to see the city-"

"No."

"You didn't even let me finish."

"The answer is no to whatever you wanted to ask... You're not allowed to go anywhere... I'll have a driver take you back to the mansion, I don't need to remind you of your place do I? You're an hostage, and hostages don't usually go sight seeing, so... No."

I sighed and looked away.

Damn... I guess I'd have to make another game plan... How the hell do I get Emeliano to reveal the truth to me?

How?

__

Vote and Comment! Thanks for reading!

Follow me here on Wattpad to stay on the loop with my stories!

See ya!