Chapter Six - The Date

(An- hope you enjoy this cos I couldn't decide on how I wanted this so kept changing it :L PLUS 16 fans, thanks for the love people xD)

When Alicia got home to a hung over Jay at about 2pm, she immediately ran upstairs. He was clutching his coffee like it was his life blood, and in all honesty was likely far too hungover to notice anything amiss with his sister, but she didn't want to risk it; he wouldn't question bruises that looked like they were from fighting, but she was paranoid her shirt would slip and show the hickeys marring her chest. That, and she didn't want her nervousness questioned- Alicia felt embarrassed enough that she was actually excited for her date with Shay, and she didn't need her overprotective brother to realise the reason behind the excitement was the boy she punched yesterday. However, there was just one teeny little problem with this plan to hide- she was already panicking about what to wear. Luckily, Alicia had a saviour by the name of Lucy, so one text and an hour later she was standing in Ali's closet, eyeing all outfit options with barely hidden horror. 
"You really do only have clothes for casual wear, clubs, and meetings huh?" 
"Yes Lucy, thank you for summarizing. Can't I just borrow your clothes? I have nothing to wear, and you know I hate shopping, its too stressful" she complained. Lu grinned
"No no, don't worry, we can work with this" She muttered, grabbing seemingly random items from both the club and meeting sections of Ali's wardrobe. Ali didn't understand how any of those clothes would go together, but she didn't question it; Lu had a part-time job as a stylist, and she'd never seen her make anyone look bad. After surveying the pile of clothing now on the bed, Lu paused. "Quick question, how mad would you be if I took a pair of scissors to some of your clothes if it meant you didn't have to leave the house?"
"So happy I could kiss you... and give you free reign of my credit card for an hour"
"I'm taking you up on the credit card. I'll pass on the kiss though, don't want to piss off pretty boy now do we? Now go make me a coffee or something, I have work to do" She ordered. With a sigh of relief and a mock salute, Alicia did as she was told. When she handed her the drink a few minutes later, Ali noticed Lu had already cut the bottom half off of one of her least revealing club dresses, and was in the process of pinning the new hem; the girl worked fast, and not for the first time Alicia wished she had the skills to do that. 

"You do realise Sam is going to pissed off that you're going on a date with the guy who beat him up to a bloody pulp right?" Lu questioned, putting the sewing needle down for a moment. Ali sighed. 
"You think that hasn't crossed my mind Lu? I just think I may actually like the asshole" she seethed, causing her friend to laugh "Anyway, he beat Sax in a fair fight- I beat him in a fight last night too, he's got the bruises to prove it, and he still asked me out this morning" she couldn't help but add. 
"You know, I've never seen someone so pissed off about liking someone who clearly likes them back. It's cute that you already want to defend your man though" Ali glared. 
"Shut up Lu, what else do you need"

~~~~~~~~~~

"No matter how much you spent on my credit card it wasn't enough, I'm paying you for this; how did you even make this so quickly? And how the hell did you do this to my hair?" Ali stated, in awe as she looked in the mirror. Lu had taken her deep burgundy wide leg jumpsuit and turned it into high-waisted trousers, and paired them with the one sleeved black bodysuit she'd created from the dress. She looked almost classy, which wasn't something Alicia was used to. She'd also attacked Ali with hair products and make-up until everything was perfect; she was sure she'd never looked this good. Alicia's long brown hair tumbled to one side in a beautiful mixture of waves and curls that she knew she'd never be able to recreate, the mix of soft eye-shadow and mascara made her green eyes pop, and her lips were a deep burgundy-red that Lu promised wouldn't budge when she ate.
"Remember to be careful with the bodysuit, I could only tack the lower hem in place because I was going to run out of time" Lu warned "I'll take the money when I've finished it properly, for now all I want is your eternal gratitude" she then joked. 
"You had my eternal gratitude the moment  you turned up to help me, now I just owe you money" Ali muttered, still shocked by her appearance. Lucy grinned.
"Al, if all my customers were as willing to pay me as you are, the world would be a better place. Now come on, lets play some cards while we wait for your date"
Ali was too nervous to even pretend to pay attention, she'd barely managed to get through a couple of rounds of just 'go fish' that Lucy won all of by the time the doorbell rang. Lucy smirked in amusement, before beginning to push her anxious friend out of the door.
"I'm gonna stay here and eat all your snacks, but don't worry about getting back early; I'll just sleep in a spare room if you're super late. Now calm down, and go show him how hot you are" She stated, slamming Alicia's own bedroom door in her face. Nice.