Little Carter

Bey P.O.V.

I started to silently cry all I want is for my little boy to live. Some nurses came in and hooked me up to an IV and the doctor came back in her scrubs and Jay had his on and they wheeled me off to the emergency room. They got me settled and they cut me open and after a while they took the baby out.

Dr.S: It's a boy.

"Why isn't he crying? He isn't crying. *to Jay tearing up* Baby he isn't crying."

The doctor put D.J. in a special made crib for premature babies and they took him away. I couldn't even hold him or hear him cry. They stitched me up and cleaned me up then took me back to my room. We waited a while and the kid's showed up and Jay explained what happened, but I remained silent staring at the wall. The doctor came in and I sat up and looked at her.

Dr.S: Baby Carter is fine, but he is very small so he would have to probably stay here, until he is probably a month or 2 old.

Jay: So when can we see him.

Dr.S.: You can see him in a couple of minutes the nurses are making sure he is hooked up to everything he needs to be hooked up to.

"What is he getting hooked up too?"

Dr.S: He is getting hooked up to a heart monitor and tubes to help him eat and breathe. Since he is premature he isn't able to breathe on his own, eat on his own and use the restroom himself. We will be giving him special type of milk of course combined with yours to help him grow. Your son is pretty small.

Jay: How much did he weight?

Dr.S: 3 lbs and 6 oz he is 7 inches tall.

"He so small."

Dr.S: Yes. *her pager goes off* You may see your son, but before you do just be sure that your hands are clean.

The Carter's: Yes ma'am.

Shawn went and gor me a wheelchair and when he came back Blue and Mia helped me in the chair and Jay wheeled me to the nursery. We all put hand sanitizer on and gloves and we walked in the room and I heard the heart monitor and I looked at my little boy and he was so small. I felt tears started to form in my eye's. Jay put his hand on my shoulder and I held his hand and looked up at him and smiled.

2 month Later

D.J. has gotten better and bigger. He weighs 13 lbs, 2 oz and is 18 inches now and the other day he finally latched on for the first time. I came to the hospital everyday either with Jay, the kid's, Solo of myself. I have an interview in a couple weeks and the doctor told me that D.J. is doing very well and we should be able to take him home in a couple day's. That's where I am right now picking my little man up from the hospital. and taking him home to meet his family.

Jay is with me and he is outside getting the car while I strapped D.J. in his car seat.

"All done little man." *tickles him*

D.J.: *giggles*

"Alright you ready to go home bubba? Huh? You ready to meet your family? *D.J. giggles* You gonna meet uncle Ty, cousin Angie*D.J. cries* Okay, okay not them, but you can see bubby and sissy's today with daddy."

When I said that D.J. stopped crying and started smiling hard. I giggled and picked his car seat up and his diaper bag. I walked into the elevator and the doors were gonna close, but I saw a hand and the doors opened again and guess who I saw? Barack Obama.......... Nah just kidding it was Lyndall. He got in the elevator and I rolled my eyes and he spoke up.

Lyn: Hey Bey long time no see.

"Yeah same to you."

Lyn: Who is this handsome little man?

"My son D.J."

Lyn: Congratulations on the baby, but why did you name him D.J. is Jay not his father.

"Just pay attention to the tabliods."

Lyn: I wish he was mine.

"I'm glad he isn't."

Lyn: You were supposed to have my kid's not his.

"Lyndall I'm happy in my life and I don't need you in it. I'm glad I had my kid's with the love of my life and my HUSBAND someone you aren't. Now you have a wonderful life cause WE ain't never ever ever gone be WE again. Byebye Lyndall."

The elevator doors opened and I walked out with D.J. and I saw Jay waiting for us. I walked to him and kissed him and he kissed D.J.'s forehead and went home.

When we made it home their were car's all on the street. We parked in the driveway and I got D.J. out and used my key and I saw my grandchildren, children, mothers, step-dad, sisters and alot of others.

The kid's stayed the night and everyone was asleep and I was in D.J.'s room rocking him to sleep.

"Little man I just wanted you to know that your family is happy to have you here I am very blessed to have you in my life I love you and so does daddy goodnight baby boy."

I kissed the top of his head and slowly put him in his bed and I went to my bedroom and found Jay asleep. I crawled in bed and Jay wrapped his arm around me and brought me closer. I kissed his chest and I went and fell asleep.