Chapter 18: Caught

"Melanie! What the fuck are you doing?" Brian spotted Melanie dancing against some guy as he was scanning the area and his blood boiled. He excused himself from where he was standing and made his way over to her. He grabs her arm and she spins to see him.

When Brian's voice reaches her ears her lips turn into a devious smile. However, before she can answer him, the man she was entertaining with a dance steps forward and asks huskily "is there a problem?"

"Yeah, there is!" He says louder "this is my fiancé your grinding up on." He snarls.

"Calm down, Q." Melanie whips back, knowing using his show nickname will throw him off "we were just dancing."

"You're engaged?" The man asks her with shock? He shakes his head "sorry man, I had no idea." And he walks off.

Melanie sighs with an eye roll, full on drunk at this point "come on, we were just dancing, no need to get your panties in a bunch!"

"What the fuck?" His voice is loud but not loud enough to drown out the music or the conversations all around.

Melanie argues "what's the matter babe? Jealous?"

"Oh, fuck you." Brian waves his hand at her and goes to walk off, knowing they are both too drunk to be arguing right now.

Melanie however, doesn't care and yells to him "what? Only you're allowed to flirt with other people."

He stops and turns "what do you mean?"

"I saw you!" She yells, loud enough to get the others around them to look at them "that girl was all over you and you weren't doing anything to stop it."

"Wow, wow. Guys, come on." Sal comes over to try and defuse them, most people now paying attention to them "let's calm down."

"Back off, man!" Brian pushes back his friend "I wasn't flirting with her Melanie, come on."

"I saw you!" She shakes her head "I'm not fuckin' crazy."

He yells back "I didn't say you were! But you fuckin' stalk where I'm at and accuse me of flirting when I catch you dancing with some guy."

Melanie spits "stalk you?"

Sal steps in "I, I texted her to come here, Brian."

"Doesn't matter!" He says to his friend "I'm out of here." He turns hard on his heals and heads straight to the door.

"Adios!" Melanie waves him off, wanting another drink.

However, Sal has another idea and steps closer to Melanie, stopping her in her tracks "Mel, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean? I'm just having fun, like you guys." She returns.

Sal replies, his eyebrows furrowing "no, your egging him on. What's going on?"

"Nothing! I saw him flirting with that girl!" Her voice raises again.

Sal shakes his head "come on Mel, you know we get girls flirting with us all the time. Brian loves you, he's not gonna flirt with some fan."

"I saw him!" Her anger is suddenly overcome with her sadness and tears instantly sting her face "I saw him." This one comes out more in a whisper.

"Come on, let's go." He wraps an arm around her and walks her outside. She sits on the curb and cries into her bosses shoulder "why does he hurt me like this?"

"Aww, Melanie. Brian's a friendly guy and I'm sure he was just talking. Come on, you know how much he loves you." He tries to make her feel better, to make her see he wasn't doing what she thinks he was doing.