Flour Kiss

In the next two weeks, things were going a lot better. I had been seeing a therapist, spending more time with my family, dedicating more time to gymnastics, and getting better grades. Life seemed to be looking up.

Nathan, the boy who saved me at the bridge, had become one of my best friends. A 15 year old sophomore at my school, a JV football player, and a heck of a good swimmer. We had a daily conversations, sometimes during lunch, after school, or over the phone.

Whether I wanted to admit it or not, he had stolen my heart. I really wasn't looking for a relationship, but I couldn't help falling in love with him.

He just wasn't like any other boy I had ever liked. He didn't use me for my body, he was so kind and genuine, and was the best guy friend a girl could ever ask for.

It was finally Saturday, my favorite day of the week. On this particular morning, my coach had cancelled practice because of renovations being done to the gym. I was so happy I was able to sleep in a little bit later.

I woke up around 1pm to many notifications, but a particular one caught my eye.

A text from Nathan about 15 minutes ago.

"Hey Livvy, I heard you don't have practice today. I was thinking, do you maybe wanna come over and make cookies and watch a movie? My parents will be here and if your brothers are worried they can call them. Let me know!"

My face lit up with excitement and I eagerly jumped out of bed. I ran to Jackson's room to find him dead asleep.

Not for long.

I went into Dylan's room, peeped through the crack of the door to make sure he was gone for work, and slowly made my way in. I found his air horn on top of his shelf (which I had to climb to get) and made my way back to Jackson's room.

I put it right next to his ear and pressed the button. He screamed, and slapped me out of reflex.

"HEY!" I screamed, pretending like it hurt so he wouldn't get mad at me.

"Olivia," He growled, sitting up in his bed. "What do you need?"

"Can I go over to Nathan's for a little bit? His parents will be there I promise," I begged.

"What are you guys going to do?" He asked.

"Just make cookies and watch a movie," I replied.

"I guess so. You better be back by 5pm for dinner. I trust you," He agreed, running his fingers through his hair and yawning.

Score!

I knew my brothers liked Nathan a lot. I mean, he literally saved my life.

I texted Nathan that I was coming and I hopped on my bike. I made my way to his house and finally arrived after 15ish minutes.

His mom greeted me with a warm smile at the front door and let me in. She made her way back upstairs and left Nathan and I downstairs to bake.

I walked into the kitchen to see Nathan standing in an apron. I laughed at him and he rolled his eyes jokingly.

I joined him behind the kitchen counter, gathering up the ingredients to make the cookies.

When it came time to put the flower in the bowl, I put a bit on my hand and put it behind my back.

"Hey bud, look at me real quick!" I exclaimed, making him turn towards me. As he did, I put the flower on his nose and giggled.

"Hey!" He laughed, shaking his head. We went back to work for about 5 minutes.