14• Ex

"Nandini stop whining like a child."

"Listen Malhotra I am not going in there." I said it clearly. Like what does he think of himself? It's my wish if I want to go to the clinic or not. Why is he even forcing me?

"Nandini get off the car and come with me. Don't force me to use my ways."

I let out a laugh. "Bring it o-" My words died in my mouth as he scooped me in his arms in bridal style and I could feel this tingly feeling.

Not again.

"Manik put me down." I wriggled in his arms and even threw few punches on his chest but it seemed to have no effect as he swiftly walked inside the clinic.

"Manik please." I was almost in the verge of crying as he leaned to push the door.

"Hey Nandini nothing will happen." Manik's voice softened as he pushed open the door.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I let a lone tear slip out of my eyes. He might be thinking I was scared of doctors but that wasn't the case. I was afraid to meet him once again.

Manik put me down on a chair but he didn't leave me completely as he had held onto my hand. He wiped my tears with his thumb and smiled at me but I just couldn't smile back.

"Nandini." I heard a very familiar voice from just a few distance away and I knew it was him.

Nandini you can't get weak in front of him. I tightly held Manik's hand and look up to the voice source. "Hey Maddy." I tried hard to say it in my causal tone but I knew my voice trembled a bit.

"Long time no see." He said with a sad smile.

I pasted a fake smile on my face and unknowingly I tightened my hold on Manik's hand. "Yea it's been long."

I blinked my eyes several times, trying to brush away the tears. The memories that I thought I had forgotten played in front of my eyes and I didn't even realize when a tear swayed down my eyes.

"I am sorry wifey." Manik said and I couldn't comprehend what was that sorry for? I looked at him and he immediately hugged me hiding me in his embrace. "I am sorry. Please don't cry baby."

I don't know what had gotten into him. But I just wanted someone to hide me. I let out my tears flow as I hugged him. I hugged him tighter as I cried silently. I didn't want that jerk, Maddy to hear my sobs.

Yesterday also I cried because of him and today as well. Why can't I just get over him?

Manik kept on mumbling sorry as he patted my head lightly.

That jerk doesn't deserve my tears. I wiped my tears harshly and looked at him.

"I am sorry. Manik just made me emotional." I lied, looking at Maddy. Maddy gave me a sad smile as he checked my foot.

I clenched my jaws and blinked away my tears. I looked like an emotional fool. Great.

I felt Manik squeeze my shoulders lightly with his one hand. As his other hands were busy playing with few of my hair strands.

I realized he was trying to distract me and somehow he was succeeding but I already had made a fool out of myself.

"You didn't introduce him to me." Maddy said as he dressed my foot. He doesn't deserve to know anything about my life.

"He is my husband Manik Malhotra." I tried saying in a firm tone. Okay at least I tried.

"Love marriage?"

"Yup love marriage." Manik lied. Why did he?

Maddy dressed my foot and he tried many times to initiate conversations with me but Manik didn't even let me talk.

What was he trying to do?

But this effort of his made my heart flutter. He cares.

After my foot was dressed, Manik paid the bill and immediately scooped me his arms. I didn't resist because I didn't want to.

We got out of the clinic. He gently kept me on the passenger's seat and he sat on the driver's seat.

"What were you doing in there?"

"I was helping you." Manik said as he started the car. "He was your ex, wasn't he?"

Was it that obvious?

"He must have cheated on you." He was correct once again.

I loved that Maddy with all my heart and what did he do? He slept with my best friend, Soha. I caught them in the hospital, romancing at one of the corners and later I found out that they had even slept with each other.

I got dumped and even after two years of my break up I am not over him.

"Nandini cheer up. That jerk doesn't deserve your tears." Manik heaved a slow breath.

Even now when I remember his betrayal, I feel like a total fool.

"Even I was dumped by my girlfriend." This sentence hit my ears and my head immediately turned to look at him. "I wouldn't say I loved her but I really thought she was the one for me. But she cheated on me." His eyes were focused on the road but the sadness in his voice didn't go unnoticed by me.

"I know how it feels." He turned his head towards me for a few seconds, before shifting his gaze back on the road. "But you can't always be stuck in the past. Just let go off it."

I was surprised to hear this things from him. Whatever he said was correct. I needed to let go and it isn't like I didn't try but I just couldn't.

"I know it's hard but it isn't impossible."
He spoke out and I just couldn't help but stare at him.

I then realized whatever he had done back there was to cover me up. He didn't want Maddy to know that I was still stuck in the past. I was relieved that he was there with me.