Chapter 18

(June 2018)

Hazel had just walked off the stage for her last performance of the night. She met Happy at the car and got in back. He got in the driver's seat and drove off.

"How was the performance," Happy asked.

Hazel sighed before saying "Fun. Tiring. Did Uncle Tony text me back to see if everyone wanted to go out to eat?"

"He said that they ordered Chinese food."

When Happy pulled into the tower Hazel got out of the car and walked into the elevator.

Where to Hazel?

"My dance room FRIDAY."

As soon as the doors opened Hazel took off her jacket, shoes, and put on some music. 'Human' by Christina Perri started to play making Hazel smile a little.

When the music stopped playing Hazel moved so she was laying on her back. Sam walked into the room and saw Hazel laying on the floor. He walked over to her, grabbed her hands, and pulled her up.

"Everyone's waiting for you. Let's go eat," Sam said.

They walked into the elevator and rode it to the penthouse.

"So it's been two years since you and Dad got together Pops. When are you going to ask him to marry you? I mean you have the ring," Hazel said.

"I'm debating it. I mean our anniversary is in two weeks. Maybe then. Take him out for dinner, go see a movie after, then a walk in the park where I propose."

"Sounds romantic. Wish that could happen to me."

"Strange hasn't talked about your guys' future together?"

"Nope. If I try to bring it up he changes the topic."

"Don't worry. Maybe he's gonna do it on your guys' anniversary."

"Who knows Pops?"

When they got to the penthouse Hazel sat next to Stephen on his left and Bucky was on her right. Sam sat next to Bucky on his left. Bucky passed Hazel a plate of Chinese food and a can of soda. After dinner, Hazel was sitting on her bed writing a new song when Stephen walked in.

"Got any time for me," Stephen asked.

"Always," Hazel said.

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to talk to you as much. It's just they want me to teach at Kamar-Taj and it's hard 'cause I'm trying to tell them no but they won't listen and---"

"Stephen just shut up. It's okay. I get it. You're the Sorcerer Supreme. The meant to save the world when it needs saving. The world comes first everyone else comes second. Including me. I come in second."

"Hazel no! You're always going to be first for me. I was trying to tell you about why I haven't been talking about our future together is because of that. I do want to talk about our future but when---"

"I've been having premonitions. Visions about the future. It's not good. I sent Steve, Nat, Dad, and Sam to Wakanda, Bruce is with Thor in space, Rhodey is at the compound, and Vision turned off his transponder so we have no idea where he and Wanda are. Clint and Pietro are with Clint's kids and Scott is with his daughter so I don't want to bother them. Tony and I are preparing for this attack."