In another world; ch 6

Juliet's POV.

I sighed, looking at my wrist. I forgot, I didn't have a watch. "Good one, Juliet." I muttered under my breath. Where was Ryan? We were supposed to be meeting after school. I walked back into the building, and asked random faces if they had seen my missing friend. I walked out the exit sign near the back of the school, and heard screaming towards the woods. Boy screaming. Ryan screaming. "Ryan!" I yelled, and sprinted out, and into the woods.

I needed a minute or two to catch my breath. I looked around. By now, tears were falling from my eyes, and I didn't know why. Was my best friend hurt? Was he murdered? What happened to him? "Ryan!" I called again, hesitating before moving. Then, I saw him.

A boy was laid out across the orange leaves. Wolves surrounded it. "Hey!" I screamed, but they didn't hear me. "Hey!" I screamed even louder. Now, the wolves stared at me. Before I knew it, they fled back to where they came from, some passing me with caution. "I'll kill you!" I said, raising my hand to a wolf. It whimpered, and ran away, fast. I walked to the body on the floor. "Ryan.." I said, as I knelt down to him. "What happened?" I asked him. "He shook his head. "Help me, please. Get me home, please." His arm was tilted in a weird way, and I heard howling. He was bleeding, and it scared me. "Don't worry buddy, I'll get you home." I said, as I gently caressed his cheek with my hand. He gave a sad smile, and his head fell back. He was pale, and I tried lifting him. I easily carried him, slinging across my back. He wrapped his hands around my neck, tightly. I walked quickly, trying to get home quickly. "You might wanna put on my jacket. How weird would I look, carrying around a bloody boy?" He giggled, a bit, and helped me take off my jacket to get him in it. He quickly shrugged into it, and it was too big for him. Hell, it was too big for me, too. I sighed, and walked faster. "You smell good." He said, randomly. "Thanks for helping me." He added in. "Thank you, and you're welcome." He hugged onto me tighter. "Aren't I heavy? You're carrying me like I weigh almost 120 pounds." He said quietly. "Dude, I weigh 120 pounds. This is like holding a feather." I lied. He wasn't heavy, but my back was hurting. And, I was tired. But, I wouldn't complain, I was helping a friend. I hummed a tune, and looked around. Almost home, I thought. Of course, I wasn't taking him to his house, we were going to mine. Hopefully dad and Chasity weren't there. I quickly climbed my steps, and kicked open my door, failing a few times, and hearing Ryan's low chuckle. I climbed the stairs, falling back down a wee bit. I bumped into the wall a few times, and finally made it into my room. "Don't put me on the bed." He said, quickly. "Why?" I asked. "I don't want to stain your sheets with blood." He said, looking away. I rolled my eyes, and dropped him on the bed anyway. "Don't move your arm. It's sprained, or either broken." He nodded, and I added in, "Stay here." I ran downstairs, picking up the phone. I tried dialing the school's number, the my hands shaking. "Can I speak to the nurse?" I asked, and someone put me on hold.

Almost 2 minutes later, I heard "Hello?" Relief washed over me. "Nurse Mary? It's me, Juliet Hope. Do you know who was the student who knew how to heal?" I asked. "Umm.." She said. "Yes. Her name is Anastasia Giselle. Why?" I knew her. I mean, we weren't the best of friends, but, I talked to her, if we ran into each other. She was a quiet girl, like me. She was really pretty, too. "Her phone number?" I asked. She gave me her number, and asked, "Why do you need it?" I hung up before she could say anything else. I smiled, and got a water bottle for Ryan from out the fridge. I ran up the steps, jumping two at a time. I stumbled in my room, and Ryan was sitting up. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "I wanted to move my shirt under me, so no blood will get on the bed. I told you." I sighed, and said, "I told you not to move." He sighed, and mocked me. "Well, too bad." I giggled, and said, "You're accent is to die for. You know that?" I smiled. He grinned back and said, "So, I've been told." He said it with even more of an accent, and I giggled again. I threw him the water bottle, and sat in my spinning chair, dialing the phone number. "Giselle?" I said. She always said I could call her Giselle for short. "Who is this? Juliet?" She probably recognized my voice. I looked over to Ryan. He stared out at the window, watching the sun set. "Beautiful, right?" I said, out loud, then covered my mouth. He smiled, and said, "Yeah." He flipped his hair, and it fell perfectly over his eyes. I practically felt my eyes roll to the back of my head. "Yeah, it's me. Look, I need you to come over." She replied a simple "Okay," and I told her my address. Withing minutes, there was a ring at my door. Ryan tried getting up. "Stay," I waved my finger toward him. "And, don't move. Listen for once, please." He nodded, and chuckled, and I walked downstairs. I yanked the door open, jumped out, and yanked it closed again. "Look, I know this is probably weird to you, so, just work with me here." I sighed, and looked up at Giselle.. who wasn't Giselle. "What do you want, Zac?" i asked, irritated, beyond belief. "Uh, I needed help with my homework." He said, simply. "Can't my sister help you? She's your girlfriend." I rolled my eyes at the hugest idiot standing before me. "Please," He begged. "This will be the last time, I promise." I shook my head, no. "No, goodbye. Either you get off my property, or I call the police. 1," I started counting. Within seconds, he was already walking down the steps, and closing the gate on the way out. "Nice, Juliet. I really thought you were a cool person." I looked wide eyed at him. "Excuse me?" I said, shocked. He shook his head, and walked off. Then, Giselle walked up. "Hey." She called to me. "What did you need me for?" I sighed, and told her all about the 'powers' and how she might be the one of the few who have them.

We were upstairs, and Giselle walked over to Ryan. "What's she doing here?" He said, annoyed. Then, he took it back, by saying, "Sorry." She nodded, taken back. "Don't worry, I get that alot." I sighed, and said, "Do what you have to." She nodded, and said, "Ryan, I'm only here to make your wounds heal faster. Just relax, it won't hurt." Ryan was resting on top of his blue flannel shirt. Giselle then rubbed her hands over his arm. She repeated the process to his other arm, then his legs. Then, she ripped his rib tee shirt open, revealing his chest. There were scars, and marks, and he was bleeding. She ran her fingers over the scars on his abs, and I growled without even noticing. "Don't touch him like that." I muttered. "Why, jealous?" She said playfully. "Yeah, I am." I admitted. She smiled to herself, and rubbed her fingers over the rest of his wounds on his stomach. She pressed one last deep wound. Blood ran all over her fingers. She breathed in deeply, and said, "Finished. You should let him rest for a few hours. He'll be better when he wakes up." I nodded. "Thanks." Ryan muttered. She nodded, and walked back downstairs, and I heard the door close quietly. "What was that all about?" He asked me. "You'll understand later," I said, and got up. I sat next to my bed, on the floor. Ryan was right above me. "When you wake up, you'll understand. Just get some sleep." He nodded, and slept, half naked, in my bed. I sighed, and decided to do a bit of research about these 'powers.' I quickly got my laptop, and set up in the corner, so if I was deep in thought, I didn't want Ryan to wake up, asking me what I was searching for. I opened up a google chrome window, making sure to click 'incognito window' so all my history wouldn't be tracked. I was afraid. "It's now or never, Hope," I whispered to myself. "I'd rather deal with this crap, now."