Eric - Gone Way Beyond

Climber's log , 30,200+ feet .Off oxygen ...acclimatized ? Or a miracle ? .... Conditions horrible ... Climbing hard .... Frank must be near ....

   - Frank's voice : ( Give it up Eric , I'm not worth it ! I never was ...)

Frank ! Where are you ? ...

   - A voice : ( It is the dancing place of the Goddess ..It has been opened ... Her wrath is terrible ! .... You shouldn't be here ..... He should never have opened it .....)

Where are you ? Please ! Frank ! I'm here !

   - Thod-Pa's voice : ( Young Eric ....Your demons - see them , face them , understand them ... They will look for you , they will haunt you .. Until you awaken , until you realize ..... Voidness cannot injure voidness ....)

Thod-Pa .....

   - Frank's voice : ( Oh Eric ... You were like a God to me .... You could do no wrong , I hated your guts ...)

But were brothers , Frank ... Did you actually think I was happy that we didn't come along ? You are my little brother and I love you more than myself you bastard ...

  - Frank's voice : ( I was afraid of heights ......
A Simmons ! Afraid of heights ! Can you believe it ? You sorted that out right soon enough , didn't you ?.... So long , big brother ...)

Frank ! Wait ! Don't leave me again ! Please !

  - Frank's voice : ( You can't pull me out of this Eric , you've got your hands full of saving yourself. I never beat you ! Not once ! Was it so important to you to always win ? Did you never once think of making it easy for me ? What was it that brought you after me ? You think it was love , but I know it was duty. Perhaps I'll do better the next time around. )

His rucksack ..... I'm close ... FRANK ?!? FRANK !!! ......  What's this ... In his rucksack , bloody hell .... This Terma ... caused trouble ..... a picture of him with me ... don't leave me ...Frank ...... Summit ! .... Frank , he's not far ..... Finally , summit .... Frank ?? My God ! Wake up ! Frank !

  - Palden Lhamo : ( He is not here ..)

Where the hell are you ?

  - Palden Lhamo : ( I am here ... I am the mountain .... Frank has entered the Bardo ..... He is fighting his demons ..... Everyone must fight their demons , Eric .... Even those who believe they have none ... Such as you ....You think of Buddhism as a religion of peace , why do you think our monks learn to fight ? ....)

Climber's Log , 30,250+ feet . At the summit of Chomolonzo .... Infront of me is ... Some kind of a huge demon .... Must be the Goddess , Palden Lhamo .... I must banish it ...to save Frank .... He's in some sort of a sleeping condition , trapped in the Bardo ...... But fighting won't do anything , I must medidate .... Cut through ignorance , become the void ... Oh Thod-Pa , now I understand , voidness does not injure voidness .... Must empty my mind ........ I .....did it .....its gone .... Frank ?

  - Thod-Pa's voice : ( Open the Terma , young Eric ! Open it to lift the curse ! )

Here we go ..... hmmpff ... A light coming out of the box .....

  - Palden Lhamo : ( The curse is lifted ... Go in peace ..)

Frank .... He's back ..... Come on Frank , let's get out of here little brother ...

  - Frank : ( I'm not going ..)

Dont be an idiot ! You're sick ... Were both sick ... Its the altitude .... Well get back down and everything will be set right ...

  - Frank : ( Hahahahaha ...... Why do we do it , Eric ? Why do we climb mountains ? Is it to get away from ourselves ? Or to find our true self ?... My true self isn't pretty , big brother .... I've learned what I can from this life .... Its time to move on , and try again ... )

I'm bloody well not leaving you here !

  - Frank : ( You've ... always felt the weight ....haven't you ? The responsibility ....to take care of me ..... "Eric Simmons to the rescue" , isn't that what you used to say ? Well you can lay that down now ..... You've done well ... Mum and Dad , would be proud .....Let them know I was the first .....will you Eric ? ......The first to summit Chomolonzo ........Please ... Goodbye ..... Eric ...) ............ ---------

Climber's log , 30,250+ feet ...... I don't know how much of this is real .... But I know Frank is where he belongs .... Whatever the Terma is , the prophecy was wrong ...... The world is not ready for its power , it is beyond human barriers , and so it killed Frank.... I'll leave the goddess to protect her own .... So long Frank ..... You'll be always on my mind , little brother ....Farewell , my dear .....