Uninvited Guest (3)

~Hiccup~

The gang was eating in the clubhouse as I brought the masked rider her breakfast. I had asked everyone to stay there, so Astrid and Fishlegs could fill the others in on what had happened.

I knocked on my door, and opened it. Walking in I sat the breakfast down on my desk. "I brought you some breakfast," I called to the woman.

The woman came down the stairs and looked at me. She had her armor off. She had long brown hair, and eyes that resembled my own. She was older. Probably old enough to be considered my mother if she was still alive. She studied me. Everything from the top of my head, to the metal of my leg. She picked up the plate.

"Thank you," she said as she began to eat. When she was finished she set the plate back down again, and looked at me once more. "May I ask you how you lost your leg?" She asked as she sat down.

"Well, I was fifteen, and I was trying to make peace with dragons in our village. I defeated this dragon called the Red Death, and in the process I lost my leg," I said as I scratched the back of my neck.

"What's your name boy?"

"H-Hiccup. Hiccup Haddock. What's yours?"

She laughed a little to herself. "Valka."

The name sounded familiar in a way. Then it clicked. Valka was my mother's name. Father rarely said her name, but I knew it from anywhere. I look at her, and it all clicked.

"You're my mother?" I ask quietly.

"Yes Hiccup. You're my son, and I knew it the moment I saw your drawings. You're an artist like myself, and this wanted poster that you have hanging over your desk." She picked up the poster, and showed it to me. It was old, but it had my name on it. Still I couldn't believe her. She must have noticed, and walked up to me. "Hiccup, please believe me."

I shook my head. "Just...could you wait here for a little bit?" I asked.

She nodded. I quickly left my hut and ran into Astrid. "What happened?" She asked.

"That woman is claiming to be my mother. I need to Terror Mail my father to have him come."

I rush to the clubhouse and begin to write. It was simple and right to the point. I didn't tell him that the woman claimed to be his wife, just that there was something I needed him to look at.

It was late afternoon when my father came. I immediately led him to my hut where the woman was staying.

"Hiccup, what is the meaning of all this?" He asked as I shoved him into the hut.

"There's someone here who wants to see you," I said opening the door.

The woman was standing at the door as if she was waiting for us. My father stopped in his tracks and stared at the woman.

"But it can't be," he whispered as he walked up to her.

"Stoick," she breathed.

———
~Valka~

He was here. In front of me for the first time in eighteen years. He hadn't changed a bit.

"I know what you're going to say Stoick. How could I just leave? How could I let you raise our son on our own," I started. "Nobody listened to me. Nobody cared that I wanted to stop the fighting. I was wrong to leave you. I was wrong to let you raise Hiccup alone. Please say something," I nearly cried as he backed me up against the table.

Stoick said nothing as he came closer. I was waiting for the blow, but instead got something else. "You're as beautiful as the day I lost you," Stoick said quietly.

Then he leaned down and kissed me. I hadn't kissed anybody in eighteen years, and I missed kissing him. When he was finished he looked away from me and at the door, but Hiccup wasn't there.

Stoick took my hand and smiled. "Come. I want you to meet our son," he said.

———

~Hiccup~

Astrid pulled me aside and took me to the clubhouse. She wanted to know everything that was going on. So I told her that this woman claimed to be my mother. It wasn't until my father walked in holding her hand that I knew it was true.

"Valka, I would like you to meet Hiccup. The girl is Astrid Hofferson," my father said.

Valka, my mother, stepped forward and hugged me. "Look how you've grown," she said. She pulled away, and looked me in my eyes. "I left once, and I promise that I won't leave again."

She kissed my forehead, and I knew. I had my mother back.

———

SUGGESTIONS!!