Chapter 03

"HOW CAN YOU FOCUS ON YOUR WORK ??"

Dang Christina .. Calm down .. You're going to rip my ears off with that loud voice of your's. How loud can you get ?? People around us started looking our way when Christina blurted out.

Obviously, I told my best friend about what happened today. We were having dinner at a restaurant near her apartment. It's nice and quiet. It was pretty high class. Apparently she's friends with the head chef here and he invited us for a dinner. But girl, you can't be yelling like this in a nice restaurant. I gave her the eye that says "really ??" and as if she just noticed that her voice was way too loud, she covers her mouth and says oops.

"You need to chill," I told her.

"Excuse me ?? Hello ?? You finally found a guy that catches your attention and find out that he's your boss the next day. Like that's not destiny, and you say what ?? Chill ?? Girl ! I don't know about you but I would so go for it."

I swear to gawd, sometimes Christina says things that don't make sense to me at all.

"Go for what ?" I asked, confused.

"Are you serious ?? Go for it as in try getting him to fall for you !"

Here goes her wild imaginations again.

"How can you not flirt with that hot chunk of sexy ?? Girl, I've seen you eye that piece of delicious meat and I would have to say, you didn't look at anyone like that in ages. Here's a chance for you to actually get a nice looking, rich boyfriend."

OMG .. Do I punch her or let her be ..?

"Let me be ♥"

Oh she also reads minds. Great.

"Hey, but in all seriousness, you need some dating in your life. How old are you ? 27, you haven't dated anyone since that douchebag of a boyfriend you had 6 years ago. You need to let it go."

"You talk too much .."

"Yo, I'm just being a good friend."

"Whatever ! How is telling me to flirt with my boss being a good friend ??"

"I'm helping you grow in your womanhood ^ ^"

"Haha you're funny"

"Dude ! but seriously .. Try it ~"

"No."

"Why ??"

"Uhh cause it can jeopardize my career ??"

"........."

Okay, now she decides to shut up.

"And besides, he acted like he didn't even recognize me. And now that we both know we're boss and employee, he wouldn't want to have anything to do with me."

".........."

Okay, now she's scaring me. I haven't seen her so quiet before. It's kind of awkward, but why do I feel scared ..?

"Hey .. Say something ..?" I told her but all she kept doing was blanking staring at me like this whole situation was boring and what not.

"Yo, you're starting to creep me out here, Christina."

"..........."

Okay, I've had enough.

"Fine ! I'll try it !"

And as soon as I said that, her blank face turns into a wide smile and then opens her mouth but before she can say anything, I stop her with a finger and propose a deal.

"If I make him fall for me, what's the prize ??"

Christina then taps my finger away and talks.

"Psh ! You get a nice boyfriend ! That's what you get. You should be thankful that I'm even helping you get a boyfriend."

"What ??"

"I don't need a man, girl. You, on the other hand, haven't had dating experience for the last 6 years, so yea, I think you do need MY help. And if you actually do get that Kris guys to fall for you, then you have the world in the palm of your hands, baby. Money, looks, style, and courtesy. What more do you need in a guy ??"

I mean.. What she says aren't 100% wrong. I would say she's right, but then if I say that she's right then she's going to get cocky, so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

After the food was all gone and I was about to get ready to start heading out, Christina stops me.

"Hey, at least stay and say thank you to my awesome friend who's given us a free meal."

She's right. The least I could do was thank him for the food. So Christina and I waited for her friend to come out. While we were talking about how nice this place was and how she met her friend, the chef comes over to our table.

"Hello ^ ^ Hey, Christina."

The chef first said hi to me in a formal way and said hi in a casual way to Christina. Christina gets up and hugs the chef.

"OMG, the food was AMAZING !" Christina complimented.

"Thanks," said the chef.

Then Christina turns and faces me.

"Justine, this is KyungSoo. KyungSoo, this is Justine."

We simply bowed at each other while Christina was introducing us. He looked fairly weak and fragile to be a chef, but then again, they say that we shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

"Hello, Christina has said so much about you."

"Oh really, what did she say ?" I said as I looked at Christina.

"Haha, nothing bad, I promise. Did you two enjoy your meals ?"

"Oh yes, it was delicious. Thank you for doing this for us."

"No problem ^ ^ Well, I'll leave you two to enjoy the rest of your night."

KyungSoo walks off into the kitchen and we talked for a while. I thought he was kind of cute but nothing compared to Kris. Christina goes on about how annoying her boss's son is. Some people may think that constantly complaining about the same thing is annoying, but what's amazing with Christina is that every time she complains to me about the boss's son, she has a new story to tell, and they are all different scenarios. Her life is amazing. [LOL]

After a while, we decide that it's time to leave. We got up and went out of the restaurant. I went to my apartment and noticed boxes in the hall. There are only 2 apartments on each floor.

I guess my neighbor did some shopping ..? No but the boxes are too big .. Are they moving .. Wait .. Do I even have neighbors ..?

I don't know how many minutes I was standing there and I realized that I was blankly standing there and looking at boxes. I felt stupid so I went to my door and punched in the password. As I open the door, I hear the door behind me open as well. Surprised, I look back to see who it was and found it more surprising to see him.

"Justine ..?"

"Kris ..??"