Chapter 3: The Incident

!Trigger Warning! This chapter contains scenes of sexual assault and harassment. If depictions of these may be triggering I will put a warning well before the scene so you may skip to a later part in the chapter, I will mark that as well. I am very sorry to not have put a warning sooner, as an author it is my job to do so, I will not make the same mistake in the future. I am sincerely sorry to those who read this chapter without the warning. Thank you to @caprishitxox for bringing this to my attention. I understand that labeling a story as mature doesn't always count as a trigger warning so I again am very sorry for the lack of warning previously.

Read on!

I left out the back of the patisserie and headed down the first alley I saw. Fascinated by all the old architecture I pulled a small notebook and pencil from in between my bodice and my body.

Like I'd go anywhere without these...

I thought as I smiled to myself, flipping to an empty page and beginning to sketch.

As I continued down the alley I came to a cross roads. Looking up from my book I noticed a soldier guarding some goods.

I sped up after making brief eye contact with the soldier.

I'm not unpatriotic, but our soldiers do not have the best reputation. They drink, they're loud, rude and call on every girl they see. And to be quite frank they are rather scary.

However since they're authority no one stops them and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Thankful for avoiding confrontation with the soldier I made it into another narrow alleyway, looking down at my book again.

Periodically I'd peer over my book to take in more of the eclectic alleyway architecture.

I went to flip onto a new page when I bumped into something. Stunned I took a step back to see what I'd bumped into. Once I'd realized what I'd just done all I could do was stand and stare with my mouth hung slightly open.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized quickly, bowing my head, finally getting it though my head that I'd just bumped into a soldier, and an important looking one at that.

He simply smiled. But not necessarily a warm smile, it felt... off... somehow.

The way he stood, arm propped against the frame of the building looking down on me, made me shrink where I stood.

"What's a little robin like you doing wandering these alleyways?" He leaned in, smile not faltering.

TRIGGER WARNING

"U-um... I was just going to meet someone." I said quietly, not breaking eye contact with him, wanting badly to, but too scared to actually break away.

"Why don't you come inside, I can show you a good time. Before I get sent out I can have at least one good night." He smirked, reaching towards me.

I flinched as he grabbed my hand. I tried to pull away but he yanked me towards him, causing me to drop my book and pencil.

Right as I dropped my things a girl with her hat pulled down to cover her face and a teal dress on scurried past me and the soldier. I felt my heart skip a beat with fear.

No one is going to help me... are they...

"Come now little robin, don't be difficult." He whispered in my ear, seemingly indifferent to the fact that another girl had just passed him.

"Unhand me please!" I commanded with a shaky voice.

Before he could respond the door to the building opened and out came another soldier.