Marvel One-shot: Something a little more

Requested by velde99

(Marvel's POV)

      I waited for Remley, my best friend to show up to meet me in the plaza. I was pacing around half of the fountain, running my hand through my hair every so often. Today was the day. I hope. I have a really big crush on Remley. She's been my best friend since kindergarten and I never had any romantic feelings towards her. That is until middle school. I don't remember, I just started to have a crush on her. But, I don't think she likes me back. It's worth a shot though. I wonder-.

     "Marvel!" I turned around and almost choked on air. Remley was running up towards me. She was wearing a red t shirt, skinny jeans and black converse. Her hair was neatly brushed and bounced on her shoulders as she ran. When she got closer, she stopped, breathing heavily.

     "Sorry I'm late," she said, laughing slightly. I gulped, feeling the blush creeping on my face as I stared into her deep brown eyes. 

     "I-It's fine." Remley raised an eyebrow. 

     "Are you ok, dude? I haven't heard you stutter since 3rd grade." I just blushed and rolled my eyes, shoving her playfully. She laughed. We started to walk around District 1 talking about random stuff. We stopped at a bench near a flower shop and sat down. Remley looked at me strangely. 

      "Marvel, you've been acting weirdly all afternoon. What's going on? You can tell me I'm your best friend." I gulped again and took a deep breath. 

      "Remember in 3rd grade when I stuttered for the first time?" Remley giggled.

      "How could I forget? It was Halloween," she said. I nodded nervously.

      "Well, I remember you were wearing an angel costume. It was when I saw you that you looked like a real angel... and I fell for you. For about 8 years I've had a crush on you. I just felt like I had to say that now." I didn't look at her. Silence. Then, I felt the bench move and my heart dropped. Just then, Remley picked up my chin and mad me look at her. She chuckled silently at my surprised face.

      "You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that." She kissed me and I didn't hesitate to kiss back. This was awesome.