"A little dramatic don't you think," he commented and I smiled wide.

"Not in the slightest. I haven't felt that good in years."

"In years?" he raised his eyebrow and I laughed.

"Fine, in about a month," I grinned and he chuckled. "So tell me, what is this business in New York?"

"Don't worry about that love, it doesn't concern you."

"No way. I'm not being kept out anymore. I'm dead, let me enjoy it and tell me what you're planning. Because I'm pretty sure the Lucifer I remember wouldn't let himself get pushed around by his brother."

"Michael's sword. When he sent me to Hell, he used a long gold sword that weakened my powers. But when he closed the door, I managed to take it with me. It's been passed along and travelled around the world over the millenniums. Last I heard, it's on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City."

"Don't you think he'll be looking for it too?"

"Oh, he's looking for it. I just plan on being the first one to get my hands on it," he smirked.

"You two really are brothers."

"We're not brothers. We haven't been brothers in a very long time."

"But at the end of the day, you're still blood. And sometimes that overpowers whatever evil he did against you."

"Are you questioning my abilities? He will not hesitate for a second if he has the chance to kill me and you can be damn sure I'll do the same."

"I'm not questioning anything. I'm just saying that in the moment, many things can come into question," I said and he scoffed.

"I don't hesitate."

"Then I guess it won't be a problem then," I said sharply. "How long until we get there?" I changed the subject, crossing my arms over my chest and looking out onto the road.

"Two hours at most. I need a cigarette," he said, driving on for a little while until we reached a gas station. He stepped out and I sighed as the motor died down. I followed him inside, the small bell ringing above my head. I grabbed a bag of chips and a bottle of Gatorade, dumping them onto the counter. He followed, taking out a cigarette and tossing the pack on the glass. He let it hang on his lips, looking around. I pulled out my wallet and handed him the money but as I looked up, the television caught my attention.

"No further information has been released by the police, but it is believed that the pair have landed in the United States. They are believed to be behind the murder of two young tourists last Friday who were vacationing in Vienna during the time. The police urges the public to keep an eye out and to call the number bellow if you have any information," the young reporter spoke, a picture appearing on the screen. It was Jonathan and I, clear as day, in what seemed to be the airport at the time of our departure. The man behind the counter rose his head up to the screen that Lucifer and I were so intently looking at and backed away with fearful wide eyes.

"You will not say a word," Lucifer reached across the counter and grabbed ahold of the frightened man's collar. "Do you hear me?" he shouted. "You will say nothing and go on as if you had never seen us." He shook his head vigorously and Lucifer let him go.

"Yes I promise," he yelled. He was shaking in front of us and I only watched, not able to say a word. Lucifer tilted his head to the side and observed him silently.

"You're lying," he smiled and the man shook his head again.

"No, I'm not, I swear," he looked as if he was about to cry.

"It really appears to be a an unfortunate alternative for you. You know what they say; wrong place, wrong time," Lucifer finally said and in one swift move, he rose his hand, placing it on the back of the man's head and smashing it into the glass. I gasped but I didn't feel any remorse. I felt nothing, even as I watched a pool of blood gathered around his head and slowly dripped onto the floor. Lucifer grabbed his pack of cigarettes and bursted out of the store as I ran after him.

"I didn't kill anyone," I shouted after him, entering the car.

"I know that," he groaned, starting the car and speeding onto the road. "He's trying to draw you out and now, he has the entire country looking for you. He knows exactly what he's doing."

"Well we can't keep killing everyone who catches a glimpse of me so what the hell are we going to do?"

"We get to New York, I find the sword and we kill that son of a bitch." He was seething, breathing heavily and staring at the road with a murderous look in his eye.

"Lucifer, calm down..." I placed my hand on his arm but he brushed me away.

"No, I won't calm down. You don't get it, he ruined me. He made me the monster that I am and I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to get rid of him for good, even if it means dragging him down to Hell  with me for the rest of eternity."

"You need to breathe before you cause an accident," I said, trying to keep my voice calm and steady.

"Who cares? You're dead! You can't die twice. You're supposed to be in Heaven, surrounded by gold and drinking wine, but instead you're down here, being chased around like a felon because of me," he began to increase his speed, my body being pressed to the seat. "I'm the reason your life is so fucked up and the worst part is, I don't even care because I'm selfish. So, so what if I kill someone or if I kill a whole crowd? I can't get any lower than I already am Olivia," he sounded his hysterical and I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

"Stop the car Lucifer!" I shouted at him and it seemed to have made a piece fall into place in his swirling head because he began to reduce his speed and eventually he stopped the car all together on the side of the highway. I followed him out as he paced around, pulling at his dark curly locks.

"Do you really blame yourself for what happened to me?" I asked him but he kept his eyes on the ground. "Look at me Lucifer," I grabbed his face in my hands, finding a pair of dark eyes that were completely lost. "This is not your fault."

"But it is. Everything bad on this Earth is my fault," he pulled away from me, pacing around.

"You know as well as I do that that isn't true," I tried to convince him but he was having none of it.

"Stop lying to yourself," he laughed. "You just watched me smash in a man's skull and for what? Nothing! And yet you still see something in me worth redeeming."

"Because there is! Please Lucifer," I held his cheeks again and he calmed down a little. "We can do this. Together. You're all I have left," I whispered and he passed his thumb over my bottom lip gently. He leaned down and captured my lips with a kiss, holding onto me tightly. It was desperate. He was desperate.

"I won't let you down Olivia. Not anymore, I promise," he said, gathering me into his embrace and pressing my head to his chest. And we stood there for a while, preparing ourselves to face everything that would be thrown at us. Together.